Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

My mid travel is installed.

Old 05-05-2013, 03:08 PM   #1
RyanBelliston is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
RyanBelliston's Tacoma Gallery
My mid travel is installed.

Took all day with my buddy and I. Of course we ran into a couple issues here and there but we were expecting that. Tell me what you guys think! Here are some pics
Attached Thumbnails
My mid travel is installed.-image.jpg  
Old 05-05-2013, 06:40 PM   #4
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
That might be almost exactly the setup im receiving wednesday! More pics! How does it ride? Can you twist the rear shock more so the res isnt pointing a bit outside towards the tire?
Old 05-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #5
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good congrats! Now go enjoy it!
Old 05-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #6

It's a little stiff on paved road but nothing crazy! About that rear shock, that's the furthest it twist. It looks close, but it's totally fine. Going to Barstow soon to see how it responds out there, maybe do some re valving if needed.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:04 PM   #7

I'm running 265/70/17 and want to do some wheel spacers to widen the stance a bit. What do you recommend? These tires are pretty new and won't be getting tires soon. What brand do you recommend?
Old 05-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #8
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Spidertrax 1.25". And are they stock valved? You scare me with the "little stiff on paved road" bit..lol
Old 05-05-2013, 07:14 PM   #9

Well honestly I'm brand new to this topic. I am just used to the stock bilsteins before. It's not a huge difference man. Trust me on that. And stock valved? No idea. Ordered everything through DSM.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:19 PM   #11
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonlazer View Post
Spidertrax 1.25". And are they stock valved? You scare me with the "little stiff on paved road" bit..lol
Off road suspension won't be as light as stock. It'll feel much firmer but more controlled at the same time. "Off road" is where it will shine!
Old 05-06-2013, 09:57 AM   #13
Mechanically Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBelliston View Post
Well honestly I'm brand new to this topic. I am just used to the stock bilsteins before. It's not a huge difference man. Trust me on that. And stock valved? No idea. Ordered everything through DSM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Off road suspension won't be as light as stock. It'll feel much firmer but more controlled at the same time. "Off road" is where it will shine!
Sorry, I should have mentioned I currently have 885x/5100's up front with E rated BFG AT's..both together make a pretty bumpy ride on the roads here.(which are prob the worst in the country )
Old 05-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #14
Whitelightning8 is on a distinguished road
Whitelightning8's Tacoma Gallery
leafs

Hey man it looks like you have a new leaf pack unless im missin somethin. What kind of leaf pack did you get if you dont mind me askin. Thanks
Old 05-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning8 View Post
Hey man it looks like you have a new leaf pack unless im missin somethin. What kind of leaf pack did you get if you dont mind me askin. Thanks
Its the Icon 3 leaf mini pack from DSM