Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need New Leaf Springs

Old 05-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #1
Logan22 is on a distinguished road
Name: Logan
Logan22's Tacoma Gallery
Need New Leaf Springs

I have an 06 trd sr5 double cab tacoma that has 150,000 miles on it and now when I pull my trailer with mowing equipment, or sometimes a 5,000-6,000 boat, or put a fourwheeler in the bed the ride becomes very rough going over regular bumps on the road. Would leaf springs for sure be the problem...and if they are do you need new schocks when you get new leaf springs. I want the truck to sit the stock height in the back but have the capability of pulling loads without squatting in the back real bad and feeling like it bottoms out every time you hit a bump. Also does anyone know if the tailgate should handle the weight of a 650lb fourwheeler? Thanks
Old 05-05-2013, 08:55 PM   #3
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
Get a new fresh spring pack and some air bag assist. Springs will compress or squat. That is why they are springs. The air bags will help get ride height back with some air in them. Some decent shocks will also help with the ride. It feels so harsh because you are riding on the bump stops I bet. It makes for a crappy ride. Hell my Banshee in the back will compress them enough the slam the bumps. Your quad will fit fine back there. Guys have street bikes that the rear rests on the tailgate.