Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Ome 3 in lift w icon uca's ? I need some feedback on both before I order

Old 05-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
Little Brown Pool Boy
Hgkilla is a jewel in the roughHgkilla is a jewel in the roughHgkilla is a jewel in the roughHgkilla is a jewel in the rough

Name: Cody
Hgkilla's Tacoma Gallery
Ome 3 in lift w icon uca's ? I need some feedback on both before I order

So ill prob order this week but is there a difference in uca ? What about the lift I've heard good reviews on this lift
Old 05-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
OME is a good lift. IMO no need to pay the extra $2-300 for Icon UCAs just get LR UCAs
Old 05-06-2013, 12:19 PM   #3
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
I had to go to uniballs on my 1st Gen when I installed a OME 3" lift (882s + 10mm top plate spacer). The lack of range of motion of the BJs were forcing the spindles into the coils.

Don't have to go Icons, other uniballs (Camburg, All-pro) are cheaper.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:19 PM   #4
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgkilla View Post
So ill prob order this week but is there a difference in uca ? What about the lift I've heard good reviews on this lift
OME setups are pretty popular. They are a good combo of ride and load capacity. As for the UCAs, they are all pretty darn good, so it is mostly just your personal preference as far as which ones to run.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:12 PM   #5
Little Brown Pool Boy
Hgkilla is a jewel in the roughHgkilla is a jewel in the roughHgkilla is a jewel in the roughHgkilla is a jewel in the rough

Hgkilla's Tacoma Gallery
So I'm pretty much buying name with icon when I could be buying camburg or LR
Old 05-06-2013, 02:15 PM   #6
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So I'm pretty much buying name with icon when I could be buying camburg or LR
Ya pretty much. With a OME lift uniball UCAs aren't really necessary IMO. SPC light racing UCAs are all you need. If you were getting high end coilovers, especially extended travel i would say get some uni-ball UCAs.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:25 PM   #7
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Buy LR, you can find them for under $400
Old 05-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #8
Little Brown Pool Boy

Hgkilla's Tacoma Gallery
Like I only saw the ones on the toytec website what other websites sell uca's ?
Old 05-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #9

http://www.headstrongoffroad.com/lig...ta-tacoma.html
Old 05-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #10
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
We offer these UCAs:
Light Racing
Desert Racing
Camburg
Total Chaos
Icon Vehicle Dynamics
Old 05-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #11

Thats true, I've bought stuff from Wheelers before. in the words of BGR "They are good people"
Old 05-06-2013, 08:59 PM   #12
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Wheeler's helped me out when I was having problems with mine. I plan on buying from them when I do more suspension work. Dan is a good guy. He took the time to deal with the difficulty of internet diagnosis.

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05updonahoetacoma.htm
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05upcamburgcotaco.htm
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uptacotc.htm
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/sptacoarms.htm
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uptacodparms.htm

Hi Dan!
Old 05-07-2013, 02:57 AM   #13
Little Brown Pool Boy

Hgkilla's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmmmmm interesting
Old 05-07-2013, 05:12 AM   #14
Little Brown Pool Boy

Hgkilla's Tacoma Gallery
So the Ome lift with the LR uca's is all I need ? I don't want to hit a bump and the whole front end just give out lol
Old 05-07-2013, 05:16 AM   #15
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So the Ome lift with the LR uca's is all I need ? I don't want to hit a bump and the whole front end just give out lol
Good luck, the truck would break before any of the OME lift components will (installed correctly of course) ... Not really but it is some tough shit.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:24 AM   #16
Little Brown Pool Boy

Hgkilla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Good luck, the truck would break before any of the OME lift components will (installed correctly of course) ... Not really but it is some tough shit.
Can it complete with my driving is the question
Old 05-07-2013, 05:31 AM   #17
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
High speed stuff - I would stick to a good set of coil overs, that's a whole different ball game though as well.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #18
Little Brown Pool Boy

Hgkilla's Tacoma Gallery
Nah I think ill be fine this is just a start
Old 05-08-2013, 01:40 AM   #19
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
You'll like the OME.
Post some pics & info here after you get it installed & tested.
Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures
Old 05-09-2013, 04:43 AM   #20
Little Brown Pool Boy

Hgkilla's Tacoma Gallery
Dakars ???