Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

UCA What would you get and why ?

Old 05-08-2013, 08:30 AM   #1
JOE619 is on a distinguished road
Name: broseph aka JOE
JOE619's Tacoma Gallery
UCA What would you get and why ?

i just got some fox 2.5 shocks with a res and i not going to do a long travel kit yet so i just wanted to get some input on what every one things on what goes good with what.
so i was thinking of getting TC UCA or Camburg or icon tube arms
Old 05-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #2
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Seeing that you live in North Dakota, I'd recommend getting something with a fully sealed joint. Uniballs are typically unprotected against salt and road grime that you may see in your winters. When I was in your spot, I bought Light Racing UCAs and haven't had a problem with them. They offer a very long range of motion, incorporate a fully sealed (and oversized) upper ball joint, and offer full adjustability for wheel alignment.

...Plus, they're cheap!
Old 05-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #3
JOE619 is on a distinguished road
Name: broseph aka JOE
JOE619's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
Seeing that you live in North Dakota, I'd recommend getting something with a fully sealed joint. Uniballs are typically unprotected against salt and road grime that you may see in your winters. When I was in your spot, I bought Light Racing UCAs and haven't had a problem with them. They offer a very long range of motion, incorporate a fully sealed (and oversized) upper ball joint, and offer full adjustability for wheel alignment.

...Plus, they're cheap!
Is light raceing the brand of uca you got ? And the road out here are horabble a d there are no yacoma lovers out here !!
Old 05-12-2013, 04:02 PM   #5
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
I have light racing ucas. sealed ball joint. fully adjustable camber and caster. plus cheaper than all the rest. I have over 50k miles on mine. no issues what so ever.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #6
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I had Light Racing on my Tacoma too and I had no complaints. They look stock so if you're going for something that looks cool they might not fit the bill but otherwise I'd recommend getting them as well.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #7
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Yes sir, I've got Light Racing UCAs. They're great for what I do with the truck and I have no complaints. Here are a couple pics of the UCAs at full droop. It looks to me that the UCAs have plenty of Range of Motion left in them... lots more than the axle anyway.