Notices

fabtech vs king/fox suspension

Old 05-09-2013, 02:37 PM   #1
AirForceTacoma08 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 2 MXS
Name: Adan
AirForceTacoma08's Tacoma Gallery
fabtech vs king/fox suspension

im looking in to getting a 3in lift im seeing that these are the most popular when it comes to baja type suspension (which is what i want). Just curious as to which one is better im really not worried about price i cant handle the price. i want to know which is better from the guys that have these suspension.
thnx in advance for the advice!
Old 05-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Id bounce the question off of Sonny or Micah at downsouth motorsports.

I know Sonny goes out to plaster and helps tune shocks while recording the vehicles hitting a nice rythmed high speed section. The recording allows playback and he can then get an idea of the changes that need to be made on rebound/compression.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Id bounce the question off of Sonny or Micah at downsouth motorsports.

I know Sonny goes out to plaster and helps tune shocks while recording the vehicles hitting a nice rythmed high speed section. The recording allows playback and he can then get an idea of the changes that need to be made on rebound/compression.

thnx man will do.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirForceTacoma08 View Post
im looking in to getting a 3in lift im seeing that these are the most popular when it comes to baja type suspension (which is what i want). Just curious as to which one is better im really not worried about price i cant handle the price. i want to know which is better from the guys that have these suspension.
thnx in advance for the advice!
Fabtech used to be pretty decent. But now Fox/King/SAW have them beat by miles. Are you talking stock replacement style shocks or going full desert build? If your looking for what is better/best you need to head over to the long travel section
Old 05-09-2013, 03:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
Fabtech used to be pretty decent. But now Fox/King/SAW have them beat by miles. Are you talking stock replacement style shocks or going full desert build? If your looking for what is better/best you need to head over to the long travel section

i want something that is good on and off road and i've heard and seen mixed things about both companies for on and off road and just want a lil more info as to which one is better for the money from experience of everybody on here
Old 05-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #6
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
i want something that is good on and off road and i've heard and seen mixed things about both companies for on and off road and just want a lil more info as to which one is better for the money from experience of everybody on here
Well when you throw in "for the money" it changes everything. It really depends on your intentions with the truck. Do you do light off roading with mostly on road daily driving? Fabtech would probably work fine. But if you want to go 60mph through 2 ft whoops then fabtech isnt going to work. When do you come back to AZ? There are plenty of guys here with long travel and mid travel setups with King and Fox, come on a run and take a ride and see what you want before you spend a ton of money to find out you wanted more (or less)
Old 05-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Well when you throw in "for the money" it changes everything. It really depends on your intentions with the truck. Do you do light off roading with mostly on road daily driving? Fabtech would probably work fine. But if you want to go 60mph through 2 ft whoops then fabtech isnt going to work. When do you come back to AZ? There are plenty of guys here with long travel and mid travel setups with King and Fox, come on a run and take a ride and see what you want before you spend a ton of money to find out you wanted more (or less)

i actually come back in a lil over a week and i'll be there for almost a month so sounds good when and or where does everybody get together?

but on the note i do use it as a daily and only plan to use it like 60mph off road when im back home not here in Louisiana! all the guys over here go mudding and crawling with their tacos which is cool and fun but i dont want that for my truck!
Old 05-09-2013, 04:20 PM   #8
Señor member

Quote:
i actually come back in a lil over a week and i'll be there for almost a month so sounds good when and or where does everybody get together?

but on the note i do use it as a daily and only plan to use it like 60mph off road when im back home not here in Louisiana! all the guys over here go mudding and crawling with their tacos which is cool and fun but i dont want that for my truck!
Nothing planned right now but jump in this thread and let us know when you will be here and we will set something up

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/ari...ml#post6866078
Old 05-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Nothing planned right now but jump in this thread and let us know when you will be here and we will set something up

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/ari...ml#post6866078

most def! thnx man