Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

axle wrap help

Old 05-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #1
chasebrooks14 will become famous soon enoughchasebrooks14 will become famous soon enough

Name: Chase
chasebrooks14's Tacoma Gallery
axle wrap help

So i figured out i had bad axle wrap and am looking for traction bars. yet i do not know much about them so i found this one by tuff country

the ones by pro comp require a lift on it and i dont have that. i just need it for stock hieght. should i get this one? i need all the help i can get
Old 05-10-2013, 03:02 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Get ruff stuffs kit and have it fitted to your truck.

All the other designs are flawed in some way.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #5
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
How about beefier rear spring leaf pack instead? Like:
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacoleafs.htm
Old 05-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #7
Ronn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to behold
Name: Ron
Ronn's Tacoma Gallery
Don't those go on the top of the leaf?
Old 05-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #8
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasebrooks14 View Post
fixed it with these $37 helper leafs
You don't even need the helper leaf. That's not stopping the axle wrap.

The clamp on the front of the leaf keeps them from separating.

All that's needed is a clamp to keep the springs from separating under acceleration, the helper leaf is simply resting under the leaf pack until those springs frown enough to apply pressure to the helper, which helps hold the weight.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:24 PM   #9
payrow is on a distinguished road

Name: Pete
payrow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by payrow View Post
Well, completed the install and after driving around yesterday and today....NO MORE BUMP!!!!
Thanks for your help guys!

Installed the 2.5 in wide (Autozone Part Number: 13-1401A $15) clamps about 4in in front of the axle and torqued them down to 50ft lbs. That did the trick!

I am happy happy happy.

This made all the difference, you may want to try it out
Old 05-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #10
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by payrow View Post
This made all the difference, you may want to try it out
Exactly. All you need are the clamps to prevent the springs from separating.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:51 PM   #11
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly, aside from the traction bar, spring clamps did more to lessen my axle wrap than any other solution.

Trac bar is the one true fix, but if the budget is tight, I'd just clamp the springs.