Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Firestone Ride Rite

Old 05-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #1
CoopersTacoma is on a distinguished road
CoopersTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Firestone Ride Rite

I want to install Firestone Ride Rite air bags and was wondering if this will add any lift to the rear. Currently have Bilstein 5100s all around with front set at .85.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #2
jpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jpneely's Tacoma Gallery
depends on how much air you put in the bags. at 5 psi its pretty much stock height, at 20 ints up about and 1.5 in, or 2. so its up to you! and theyre pretty much awesome! enjoy them!
Old 05-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #3
CoopersTacoma is on a distinguished road
CoopersTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info...If I change my front 5100s to 1.75 will I need a Differential drop kit?
Old 05-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #4
jpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jpneely's Tacoma Gallery
i dont know. but ive read alot that the drop kits do more harm than good. theres a couple of big threads on it here somewhere. search it up! people here know alot more about that part than i do
Old 05-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #5

jpneely's Tacoma Gallery
for any of your airbag questions.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-air-bags.html

for diff drop questions read here.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-drop-kit.html

jasmine pretty much sums it up haha
Old 05-10-2013, 04:44 PM   #6
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopersTacoma View Post
Thanks for the info...If I change my front 5100s to 1.75 will I need a Differential drop kit?
I'm set at 1.75, had a little hum for a while then it went away, diff drop isn't really a must do kinda thing with these trucks at that height.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #7
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopersTacoma View Post
I want to install Firestone Ride Rite air bags and was wondering if this will add any lift to the rear. Currently have Bilstein 5100s all around with front set at .85.
Pump em up to the max of 125psi and watch the back end of the truck fly into the air on speedbumps

j/k i use mine to level the truck when i'm not hauling a load, anywhere from 5 to 20psi should work for you unloaded.