best 3 inch suspension lift?

Old 09-02-2007, 11:39 PM   #1
tcboss is on a distinguished road

tcboss's Tacoma Gallery
best 3 inch suspension lift?

what is the best 3 inch suspension lift

and what is a good tire and rim package i can put on my 07 black access cab
i prefer black rims
but i dont know where to start on tires and rims for it tire rack doesnt have many options either...... i want offroading and offroad tires though
Old 09-03-2007, 02:44 AM   #2
lineberw is on a distinguished road
lineberw's Tacoma Gallery
3" lift

There are several ones out there and which ones best is a matter of personal preference. For a three inch lift every kit out there is almost the same. They all have an add aleaf and a strut spacer be sure to get one with the differental drop. Some come with shocks. Tuff Country or Pro Comp are good in my opinion.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:46 AM   #3
Carolina Alliance
LQQKatmy06 is on a distinguished road

LQQKatmy06's Tacoma Gallery
I would go with TOYTEC, They build specifically for Toyotas.www.toyteclifts.com
Old 09-03-2007, 05:47 AM   #4
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
check these tcboss http://www.toyteclifts.com/0507tacoc...07tacoliftkits
http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_carse...45%2F75-16
Old 09-03-2007, 07:33 AM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Warheads On Foreheads Division
MarkC is on a distinguished road

Air Force: AGE (aerospace ground equipment) mechanic
Name: Mark
MarkC's Tacoma Gallery
Def. Toytec
Old 09-03-2007, 07:44 AM   #6
nceguystaco is on a distinguished road

nceguystaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to nceguystaco Send a message via AIM to nceguystaco
ihave a 3" skyjacker lift from 4wheelonline.com and run 17x9 helo black maxx's with B.F. GOODRICH TIRES
Old 09-03-2007, 10:30 AM   #7

tcboss's Tacoma Gallery
how come toytec is so much cheaper than like OME? because i was looking into getting a 3 inch OME lift and my local truck store priced it around 850.00
Old 09-03-2007, 10:53 AM   #8

tcboss's Tacoma Gallery
also the toytec lifts dont look as high as other lifts? idk if they all are the same but i wanna get the highest lift i can...im still determining on getting a 3 inch or 6 inch but theres quite a price difference in there.....
Old 09-03-2007, 12:52 PM   #9
reid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

reid's Tacoma Gallery
You have to decide on a spacer lift or a suspencion lift. Spacers are cheaper, a front suspension lift is about 1000.00 for coil overs. Spacers are a couple hundred.
Do you want just added height or a performance off road suspension lift? That will be where the price difference is.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:52 PM   #10
DOINGTHATTHANG is on a distinguished road

DOINGTHATTHANG's Tacoma Gallery
suspension lift kit

I purchased a Toytec 3" lift with aal and carrier bearing shim kit. for $220.00 on Ebay.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:41 PM   #11
Carolina Alliance
LQQKatmy06 is on a distinguished road

LQQKatmy06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcboss View Post
also the toytec lifts dont look as high as other lifts? idk if they all are the same but i wanna get the highest lift i can...im still determining on getting a 3 inch or 6 inch but theres quite a price difference in there.....
3"- 33" tires, 6"- 35" tires. With either lift you will have to run spacers or get new wheels to run larger tires. 33" tires are cheaper than 35", with 3" you can run stock shocks if you want, 6" new shocks all around. 3" most do-it yourselfers can do it, 6" most likely a pro will have to do it.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:07 PM   #12
lineberw is on a distinguished road
lineberw's Tacoma Gallery
ProComp

Hey you can get a ProComp 3" lift/leveling kit for $181.00 shipped to your door. This comes with a differential drop, add a leaf in the rear, and front spacers.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:48 PM   #13

tcboss's Tacoma Gallery
which is better the procomp or the toytec lift....i want it for looks and bigger tires + rims.....not for offroading
Old 09-04-2007, 07:53 PM   #14

tcboss's Tacoma Gallery
on toyteclifts.com there are many options also for the 3 inch lifts with different spacers and shocks what not....which one is the best not the 1000 dollar ones though the just lower cheaper ones but not too cheap
Old 09-04-2007, 08:38 PM   #15
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
It all depends on what you want to use your taco for? For driving around all day in the city, I don't know? If your going to use it for offroad or any loads, OME all the way.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:08 PM   #16
reid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

reid's Tacoma Gallery
I dont know if it makes a difference down the road, but some spacers are plastic and some are aluminum. I know the Toytec are aluminum.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:46 PM   #17

tcboss's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like toytec is the best for your money then since im not using it for off roading...mainly for city cruising and getting around everyonce in a while i take it off road when we go hunting and fishing what not
Old 09-06-2007, 08:49 PM   #18

reid's Tacoma Gallery
I decided to go with the spacer lift as opposed to the new coils. I have heard that they will sag over time. the spacer lift actually compresses your stock coils more, making them even less likely to sag.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:09 PM   #19
Bluestreak is on a distinguished road

Bluestreak's Tacoma Gallery
I just put a revtek 3" suspension lift on my truck with blocks in the back, and the spacers up front. All drives, rides and 4 wheels well, no rubbing, Les Schwab Tire center sold and installed it and they dont put anything in without a gurantee and a warranty $450.00 installed and aligned. I put 285/70r/17 Dick Cepek Mountain cat off road tires on, its a little noisy going down the highway but i dont mind, i wanted an aggressive off road tire.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:30 PM   #20

tcboss's Tacoma Gallery
does the lift and tires affect your speed? and acceleration? at all?