1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

leaf springs squeek? how to fix?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by chasebrooks14, May 11, 2013.

1. May 11, 2013 at 2:08 PM
    chasebrooks14

chasebrooks14 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Dahlonega, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2008 Acura TSX (RIP LaToya)
    Mickey Thompson Classic iii, Green LED interior floor lights, After market Kenwood touch screen radio, 20% window tint, Blacked out bumpers and grill, blacked out tail lights, Pioneer door speakers, bed lined toolbox, LED tailgate light bar w/ reverse lights, Bilstein 5100 all 4 corners and top setting up front, Trd Coils, New 1.5" lift leaf pack and shackles, White gages with blue needles. 32x11.5 Cooper STTs, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers
    i went to the beach about a year ago and about a month after i got back, i noticed what seems to be my leaf springs squeeking under the slightest movement. anybody have any tips or solutions? i tried greasing them but no luck

2. May 11, 2013 at 3:12 PM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    Spray clean and grease the clamps that hold the leaves together. Most people just focus on between leaves but the claps rubbing on the sides of the leaves is the cause of half the squeaking leaves. Use spray white lithium grease and a lot of it. Dry lubes dont collect grime but don't work as well either.

3. May 11, 2013 at 4:06 PM
    chasebrooks14

chasebrooks14 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Dahlonega, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2008 Acura TSX (RIP LaToya)
    Mickey Thompson Classic iii, Green LED interior floor lights, After market Kenwood touch screen radio, 20% window tint, Blacked out bumpers and grill, blacked out tail lights, Pioneer door speakers, bed lined toolbox, LED tailgate light bar w/ reverse lights, Bilstein 5100 all 4 corners and top setting up front, Trd Coils, New 1.5" lift leaf pack and shackles, White gages with blue needles. 32x11.5 Cooper STTs, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers
    Thanks man!

4. May 11, 2013 at 4:18 PM
    ntilehman

ntilehman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner Off Road
    Rock Sliders Front Light Bar +1.5" Front Arms with Ext. Kings
    Jack the rear end up and spread the leafs apart to clean out anything that may be stuck in there. Get a used old bicycle tire tube and cut pieces to fit as a pad in between the leafs. This will take care of any squeaking coming from that part. Make sure your bushings and shackles aren't making the noise. They take some grease.

Products Discussed in

To Top