Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

leaf springs squeek? how to fix?

Old 05-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #1
chasebrooks14 will become famous soon enoughchasebrooks14 will become famous soon enough

Name: Chase
chasebrooks14's Tacoma Gallery
leaf springs squeek? how to fix?

i went to the beach about a year ago and about a month after i got back, i noticed what seems to be my leaf springs squeeking under the slightest movement. anybody have any tips or solutions? i tried greasing them but no luck
Old 05-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #2
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Spray clean and grease the clamps that hold the leaves together. Most people just focus on between leaves but the claps rubbing on the sides of the leaves is the cause of half the squeaking leaves. Use spray white lithium grease and a lot of it. Dry lubes dont collect grime but don't work as well either.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:06 PM   #3
chasebrooks14 will become famous soon enoughchasebrooks14 will become famous soon enough

Name: Chase
chasebrooks14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
Spray clean and grease the clamps that hold the leaves together. Most people just focus on between leaves but the claps rubbing on the sides of the leaves is the cause of half the squeaking leaves. Use spray white lithium grease and a lot of it. Dry lubes dont collect grime but don't work as well either.
Thanks man!
Old 05-11-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
Jack the rear end up and spread the leafs apart to clean out anything that may be stuck in there. Get a used old bicycle tire tube and cut pieces to fit as a pad in between the leafs. This will take care of any squeaking coming from that part. Make sure your bushings and shackles aren't making the noise. They take some grease.