Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need help with coilovers!!!

Old 05-12-2013, 10:05 AM   #1
04Tacomabuild is on a distinguished road

Name: Reese
04Tacomabuild's Tacoma Gallery
Need help with coilovers!!!

Okay, so I got my lift mostly all installed yesterday at work, only one problem. I bought the toytec/billistein coilovers http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72.

Whenever i try adjust them (they are set at the bottom 1 1/2" lift) the top of the strut just starts poking out of the top plate until im able to freely move the washer and bushing up and down. If i disconnect my swaybar with this help? Im confused and cant turn corners... so if anyone has any ideas ill be glad to try them..

Thanks!
Old 05-12-2013, 10:27 AM   #2
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
I would love to try and help bug can't under stand what you mean by pokeing out?
Old 05-12-2013, 12:23 PM   #3

That.. sorry i thought i put the picture in the first post. Yes i know its missing a bolt I was putting a new bolt on
Old 05-12-2013, 01:25 PM   #4
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Wtf? Man that does not look right or safe. Who assembled them?
Old 05-12-2013, 06:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcpsychobilly View Post
Wtf? Man that does not look right or safe. Who assembled them?
They forgot to put the washers and bushing on the strut below the top plate, i got a spring compressor and fixed it, glad i figured it out finally!
Old 05-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Tacomabuild View Post
They forgot to put the washers and bushing on the strut below the top plate, i got a spring compressor and fixed it, glad i figured it out finally!
That's great man, something wasn't right glad you found it. Now go get your money back from whoever assembled them lol
Old 05-12-2013, 10:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcpsychobilly View Post
That's great man, something wasn't right glad you found it. Now go get your money back from whoever assembled them lol
That's my plan for lunch tomorrow lol.