Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2" AAL with 5100s. What setting for FRONT 5100s?

Old 05-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #1
keylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
keylay's Tacoma Gallery
2" AAL with 5100s. What setting for FRONT 5100s?

I got 5100 adjustables and 5100 0-3" lift for rear and ordered a 2" Toytec AAL. These will be installed on a 2005 Tacoma Double Cab Prerunner. I'm looking for a slight rake like stock (rear a tad higher) or level look.

What should i set the front 5100s at with the 2" AAL? Pictures help so i can have an idea. Getting installed this week when the AAL comes in.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #3
Long Time Lurker
RCOTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Dalton
RCOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I've got 5100s in the front set at 2.5" with a 1.5" aal in the back, and I still have a slight rake. It's barely noticeable, but I can see it's there. It's isn't as pronounced as the stock rake though.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:02 PM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-12-2013, 08:54 PM   #5
keylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shed
keylay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCOTaco View Post
I've got 5100s in the front set at 2.5" with a 1.5" aal in the back, and I still have a slight rake. It's barely noticeable, but I can see it's there. It's isn't as pronounced as the stock rake though.
Have you had any issues with stock coils @ 2.5? Are you running different UCA?
Old 05-12-2013, 09:06 PM   #6
zboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
zboy's Tacoma Gallery
I have 5100 set at 2.50 & aal 1.50 stock uca working just fine with very little rake
Old 05-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #7
nizzmont is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
nizzmont's Tacoma Gallery
from all what ive read on here the max everyone say to go with the billies is 1.75 unles u change the UCA's out.how is the ride quality of your truck at 2.5 with stock coils?maybe I have it wrong in my head....it happens
Old 05-13-2013, 07:47 AM   #8
zboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

zboy's Tacoma Gallery
Ride is fine got new tires 265/75/16 Duratrax # C with aal & 2.50 little stiff
Old 05-13-2013, 05:49 PM   #9
thats the same size i have on mine right now,had just bought them for my old taco and kept them in the trade in.maybe i can go with that setup and use diff coils to ensure a smooth ride but not sure,any pics of your truck by chance?thanks for the info on that as well
Old 05-14-2013, 07:41 PM   #10
Shaowei is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
Shaowei's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed. Curious to hear the different opinions.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:45 PM   #11

zboy's Tacoma Gallery
With 265/75/16 new tires2" AAL with 5100s.  What setting for FRONT 5100s?-photo-22-800x598-640x478-.jpg

2" AAL with 5100s.  What setting for FRONT 5100s?-photo-21-478x640-.jpg
Old 05-15-2013, 07:47 AM   #12
hell at this point im lost!half of what I read says only go 1.75 on billes unless u change ur UCA's but now ive read ones like this.....ive always lifted leaf spring rigs so IFS lifts are new to me
Old 05-15-2013, 08:25 AM   #13

zboy's Tacoma Gallery
My alignment is with in factory specs 4wheel parts did the work (4) billys (2) aal (2) ubolts with Alignment & labor 800.00
Old 05-15-2013, 09:05 AM   #14
that's a good looking rig z,what wheels r those?if I can get away with billies and some diff springs 2 make sure the ride is good id go that way,or stocks if the ride will still be good
Old 05-15-2013, 01:13 PM   #15
09tacodubcab is on a distinguished road
Name: Jamie
09tacodubcab's Tacoma Gallery
The wheels look like KMC XD795's, if my eyes haven't totally taken a crap.

I'm interested in this thread because I just took possession of a 2009 DC TED Sport with 120000 miles on it. When I test drove it, it was smooth as silk. After I got it back to my shop (I work in tires and service), we found that the driveshaft support bearing was completely blown out, so we replaced it. Now, it has the dreaded acceleration vibration. What I want to find out is, if I install an aal (probably Toytec or OME) and then level the front with the Bilsteins, does anyone here think that my driveline vibration will go away? Or should I just start with a traction bar like the Budbuilt unit? Any help is greatly appreciated. This vibration is driving me crazy.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #16
keylay's Tacoma Gallery
Getting the lift installed tomorrow. Getting set at 2.5 with a 2" aal and 5100 rear. I'm keeping stock UCA and coils. I'll let y'all know how it rides and looks tomorrow afternoon. Pretty excited to see the difference, and hopefully better.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:40 PM   #17
Shaowei is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
Shaowei's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylay View Post
Getting the lift installed tomorrow. Getting set at 2.5 with a 2" aal and 5100 rear. I'm keeping stock UCA and coils. I'll let y'all know how it rides and looks tomorrow afternoon. Pretty excited to see the difference, and hopefully better.
Will be doing something very similar next week. Super excited to see how it turns out!
Old 05-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #18
sweet congrats man.im still trying to iron out the best way to go here lol.take some pics for me if you can
Old 05-15-2013, 06:44 PM   #19
09taco maybe have the DL checked for balance?my brother got a suburban a bit back and it had a very small ding in the DL and did that
Old 05-16-2013, 08:37 AM   #20

zboy's Tacoma Gallery
KMC Hoss (16X8) 4.5 BS 0 OS With the new tires ride is smooth