Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Make a basic db lift more off road worthy?

Old 05-13-2013, 01:25 PM   #1
93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

93civEJ1's Tacoma Gallery
Make a basic db lift more off road worthy?

So I currently have a 6" pro comp lift. It has bilstein 5100s on the front set on zero. The rear is a tsb pack with aal and block that comes with it. I want to make the vehicle more off road worthy. It has 37s on it and stock gear. I know I know. Gears are on the list next. The truck doesn't see much off road but I want to start. I have been thinking of just getting a jeep unlimited with solid axle but if I keep my truck what can I do to make it better? Taking it all off is not much of an option. I still have my OME 885 x as well as an AAL that's not on the truck
Old 05-13-2013, 01:27 PM   #2
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
New leaf pack, new gears, coilovers, etc
Old 05-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Regear. Other than that, it depends on what type of off roading you want to do. For mild off roading, regearing will help and the truck will be fine. If you want to do high speed stuff (I wouldn't advise doing do with the 6" lift) but you could upgrade to a replacement leaf pack and lose the spacers up front for an Icon full kit for the 6" DB.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:11 PM   #6
93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It's not gonna come off. Nothing around here is high speed. Just slow driving off the beaten paths in woods. So mainly dirt trails with the occasional rocky sections and ruts
Old 05-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #8

all pro makes a expo pack that will sit the truck back around 6 where its at??
Old 05-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #9
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93civEJ1 View Post
all pro makes a expo pack that will sit the truck back around 6 where its at??

Here is mine with the ALL pro Leaf expo pack with a heavy ass bumper on the back.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #10

thanks...yeah I just looked at your whole build thread. Looks good. I honestly think a small tiny amount of bro lean would bother me.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:11 PM   #11
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post

Here is mine with the ALL pro Leaf expo pack with a heavy ass bumper on the back.
Quite possibly the best looking drop bracket lifted truck I've seen. Well done sir.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:15 PM   #12
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93civEJ1 View Post
thanks...yeah I just looked at your whole build thread. Looks good. I honestly think a small tiny amount of bro lean would bother me.
You could get Alcan leaf pack 6 inch for 700 bucks.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:21 AM   #14
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
You could get Alcan leaf pack 6 inch for 700 bucks.
ALCAN's run $600, and whatever the shipping cost to your location is. I just ordered some to get rid of the stock leafs, blocks and AAL.

IMO for people trying to get 6" of lift they are the best option. They take how you use your truck and any aftermarket parts into consideration when building your "one off" packs for the best ride/performance.

For those that are in the military they offer a 5% discount.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:52 AM   #15

nice. Im not in the military, but that sounds like a plan. Maybe ill do that one day.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:17 AM   #16
GEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KELLEN
GEARAHOLIC's Tacoma Gallery
Go with the AP expo leaf packs and do a u-bolt flip kit at the same time. Ditch the upper spacer on your pro-comp kit and go with an adjustable coil over, this will also allow you to level the rig if you add bumpers, etc.... it also = no bro lean