Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lifting 1st generation vs. 2nd generation

Old 05-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
Goosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Goosedog's Tacoma Gallery
Lifting 1st generation vs. 2nd generation

Hey all, I know there's a gazillion threads on here about lift kits but I just need a short answer for a simple question.

As I look for a used Tacoma and consider that I would want a 3" suspension lift on whatever I get, are they equally simple or is the newer generation easier or harder to lift. Also as I look at '05 thru '09's 2nd generation, are all the those years equally simple?

I knows theres lots of discussion on types of lifts too, so to level the field I'm just talking about a simple spacer lift as this truck won't be seeing any serious off-roading more of a ground clearence issue where I'll be driving.

Thanks, Goose
Old 05-13-2013, 07:51 PM   #2
Got Beer?
BeerHat will become famous soon enoughBeerHat will become famous soon enough

BeerHat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goosedog View Post
Hey all, I know there's a gazillion threads on here about lift kits but I just need a [bold]short answer [/bold] for a simple question.

As I look for a used Tacoma and consider that I would want a 3" suspension lift on whatever I get, are they equally simple or is the newer generation easier or harder to lift. Also as I look at '05 thru '09's 2nd generation, are all the those years equally simple?
Pretty much the same
Old 05-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #3
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
the process for lifting both gens is the same. the only noticeable difference is the UCA on 2nd gens requires replacing when lifting more than 2 inches or you'll be out of alignment spec. you dont need to for 1st gens (though many do anyway)