Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

I just want a simple lift. Will this work?

Old 05-15-2013, 12:23 AM   #1
whitetacoma89 has a spectacular aura aboutwhitetacoma89 has a spectacular aura about

whitetacoma89's Tacoma Gallery
I just want a simple lift. Will this work?

Ive read countless threads on here about lifts and like many other threads i have my question. Im trying to go for a simple lift. I have a few buddies that ran 2'' spacers only in the front and their tacomas looked amazing.

Ive read enough to know that front spacers shouldnt be considered and that the best way to do it is to get the bilstein 5100s.

I just want that the front to be leveled with the rear and overall the tacoma to be sitting a little higher.

My question: If i purchase ONLY the bilstein 5100 adjustable front and rear shocks will this be ok?

This is what im considering:
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 05-15-2013, 12:26 AM   #2
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
That kit will be fine. If you keep the rear at factory height you will need to set the front at 1.75 for it to be level. If you add the aal to the rear you will have to go up to 2.5...
Old 05-15-2013, 12:45 AM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
That kit will be fine. If you keep the rear at factory height you will need to set the front at 1.75 for it to be level. If you add the aal to the rear you will have to go up to 2.5...
X2
Old 05-15-2013, 12:51 AM   #4
tapatio1985 is on a distinguished road
Name: tom
tapatio1985's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 3.3 custom spacer lift in the front of a 2007 tacoma pre-runner almost for a year and no incidents till now i also have the bilstein 5100 series with a .85 lift in the front and 2.5 blocks in the back recommend it there is not a single flinch in the suspection and runs perfect would not trade it for nothing
Old 05-15-2013, 03:09 AM   #5
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapatio1985 View Post
I have a 3.3 custom spacer lift in the front of a 2007 tacoma pre-runner almost for a year and no incidents till now i also have the bilstein 5100 series with a .85 lift in the front and 2.5 blocks in the back recommend it there is not a single flinch in the suspection and runs perfect would not trade it for nothing
"No incidents till now"

How's the axle wrap doing?

OP, ur on the right track for a small decent front lift.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:52 PM   #6
whitetacoma89 has a spectacular aura aboutwhitetacoma89 has a spectacular aura about

thanks. i was able to find a discount code for toytec. ive read around here that Down south motorsports sell these for cheaper? can anyone confirm if i need to contact them through here or should i call directly for the cheaper price
Old 05-15-2013, 01:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapatio1985 View Post
my buddies told me the same story. The spacers were the only thing they ran just to level out and they said the ride was fine. but reading all over here makes me think twice haha. i guess its more critical on the boards.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:56 PM   #8
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

You can either pm or call DSM. Sonny is a great guy to do business with.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #9
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You can either pm or call DSM. Sonny is a great guy to do business with.
X2.....Sonny and Micah are great.

Toytecs shipping fees defeat their discount.........even the 1/4 lean spacer costs more to ship than the part.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #10
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
Billys at 1.75. Thats want im using. works great
Old 05-15-2013, 08:24 PM   #11
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoma guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok so setting the billys at 1.75 to be level is that with the non TSB rear leafs? ( 2 leafs with helper ) Reason I ask is because I have read some threads that say to set the billys to .85 just a little confused. Please help.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:26 PM   #12

Do you have the tsb leaf pack (3+1) or factory (2+1)?
Old 05-16-2013, 05:44 AM   #14
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma guy View Post
Ok so setting the billys at 1.75 to be level is that with the non TSB rear leafs? ( 2 leafs with helper ) Reason I ask is because I have read some threads that say to set the billys to .85 just a little confused. Please help.
^ Bump
Old 05-16-2013, 05:52 AM   #15

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Trucks are not all the same.....some are heavier due to build, some sit lower due to mileage/age, some have been worked harder than others.

TSB or not,the easiest way to get an idea how YOUR specific trucks gunna sit is by using a floor jack to lift the front. Measure the hub/flare distance first.....then use a jack to lift the truck approx 1", then 1.75, then 2.5 and see how it looks front to back.

Obviously do this on level ground and keep safety in mind.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:58 AM   #16
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have a RC, completely stock in the rear and no TSB. I put 5100s only on the front, set them at .85, and it looks really close to level even without the camper shell. 1.75 would be dead on level or maybe even a little high in the front in my particular situation, but that is still what most folks suggest.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:33 AM   #17

Thanks guys I appreeciate the input !! I like the way 1.75 looks but some guys have had issues with vibs and the VSC. Mainly vibs. So Iam going to go .85 setting. Thanks again guys , much appreciated !!!
Old 05-16-2013, 08:41 AM   #18

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks guys I appreeciate the input !! I like the way 1.75 looks but some guys have had issues with vibs and the VSC. Mainly vibs. So Iam going to go .85 setting. Thanks again guys , much appreciated !!!
Keep in mind the vsc can be recalibrated....I don't have vsc thank god, but I think the dealer does the recalibration..... others may know more tho.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:43 AM   #19
Duke1978 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: fed leo and army vet
Duke1978's Tacoma Gallery
Hello All!
Wondering what can size tires can I run with the bilstein 5100's adjustables front and rear? 2006 toyota tacoma double cab trd sport 17" rims stock.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:24 AM   #20

Just placed an order with DSM for the billy 5100s + free shipping!