Notices

Coilover length to replace spacer???

Old 05-15-2013, 03:46 AM   #1
snyper96799 is on a distinguished road

Army:
Name: Yon
snyper96799's Tacoma Gallery
Coilover length to replace spacer???

I've got an old trailmaster 6" lift with the big spacer, maybe a 6". i was wonder if i could get maybe a fox 2.0 8" coilover shock to replace the coilover and spacer? or would it have to be longer?
Old 05-15-2013, 03:55 AM   #2
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
IIRC, a friend of mine used a 8" coilover with a tacoma top hat with his drop bracket

but man, if you have the money to swap for coilovers I'd get rid of that lift

trailmasters are called failmasters and are out of production for a reason
Old 05-15-2013, 04:27 AM   #3

Army:
Yea ive done alot of research on here an thats what everyone says. one problem is i live in American Samoa so its hard to find companies that ship here and even if they do, it costs an arm and leg. so 8" would fit? would it be possible then to fit a 10" or 12" just for the extra lift?
Old 05-15-2013, 04:31 AM   #4
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snyper96799 View Post
Yea ive done alot of research on here an thats what everyone says. one problem is i live in American Samoa so its hard to find companies that ship here and even if they do, it costs an arm and leg. so 8" would fit? would it be possible then to fit a 10" or 12" just for the extra lift?
Downsouth motorsports ships all over the place, id call them and see what they can do for you.

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/
Old 05-15-2013, 05:09 AM   #5

Army:
i've heard alot about them never really checked them out, now i am. also anyone know where i can get the top hat adapters for coilovers?
Old 05-15-2013, 05:12 AM   #6
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i've heard alot about them never really checked them out, now i am. also anyone know where i can get the top hat adapters for coilovers?
Im not sure, sorry.

I know they ship to iceland if that helps
Old 05-15-2013, 05:58 AM   #7
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i would call total chaos