1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Types of lifts+

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by StrikeSwiftly, May 17, 2013.

1. May 17, 2013 at 2:46 PM
    StrikeSwiftly

StrikeSwiftly [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Nebo, NC
    None yet :D.
    Howdy-

I know that I may get flamed for this. I have to go ahead and ask a few questions.
    I have a stock 2013' Tacoma double cab SR5 4wd. I must go ahead and get a few things done to it. I want a slight lift, either just a front level or a slight lift all the way around.
    I am looking at three ideas.
    My first and the "best lift" would be a kit I can buy with a 3inch billet spacer to go uptop the factory strut tower + a 1.5 to 2inch AAL in rear.
    Heres my question on this kit, I have owned only full size trucks, there suspensions seem to be more stiff than the Taco. It feels like when I stop or start theres lots of "flex"? Anyways its not that I don't like it but If possible during the lift that I would stiffen up slightly? That is with the spacer lift?

The other choice is of course the trusty Bilsteins with or without a AAL depending on if I want to tackle the leafs.
    I am pretty sure that the 5100s will tighten up the suspension up front a bit.

So to wrap, if I do a spacer lift on SR5 4wd stock setup will the suspension still be decent? Or will I only make the flex worse?
    And of course to verify does the 5100's actually stiffen up the front a bit?

Thanks guys, I have read and searched but Im ready to pull the trigger so need some input!

* Also I do very little offroading, Very little!

2. May 17, 2013 at 6:43 PM
    StrikeSwiftly

StrikeSwiftly [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Nebo, NC
    None yet :D.
    Mod can you delete this post? I can not locate a general Moderator for this group. Im going to try and post in 2nd gen. Thanks.

Products Discussed in

To Top