Notices

ICON Leaf Expansion Pack & LEER Shell

Old 05-18-2013, 08:50 AM   #1
JMWolf96 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jim
JMWolf96's Tacoma Gallery
ICON Leaf Expansion Pack & LEER Shell

Guys,

I have done a bunch of searching this morning and am coming up blank! I have a 2011 DCLB (v6). I am currently running a 2.5"spacer up front but will be replacing it with a ICON Stage I kit here very shortly. In the rear I am running a TOYTEC 1.5" AAL on a non-TSB leaf pack. The truck sits just about perfectly level as is.

I have a LEER 100xl shell on order and want to know if I will get any rear end sag due to the weight of the cap. I do not generally haul much other than hunting gear and do not do any real towing at all.

I was thinking of "upgrading" from the TOYTEC AAL to the ICON Expansion leaf pack to help offset the shell weight.

http://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/s...sion-Pack.html

I am not sure if it is worth it or if it will be any better than what I already have. I have not been able to find any pics or reviews of the ICON product. If you have any experience with it please let me know.

Please let me know what you think?
Old 05-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMWolf96 View Post
Guys,

I have done a bunch of searching this morning and am coming up blank! I have a 2011 DCLB (v6). I am currently running a 2.5"spacer up front but will be replacing it with a ICON Stage I kit here very shortly. In the rear I am running a TOYTEC 1.5" AAL on a non-TSB leaf pack. The truck sits just about perfectly level as is.

I have a LEER 100xl shell on order and want to know if I will get any rear end sag due to the weight of the cap. I do not generally haul much other than hunting gear and do not do any real towing at all.

I was thinking of "upgrading" from the TOYTEC AAL to the ICON Expansion leaf pack to help offset the shell weight.

http://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/s...sion-Pack.html

I am not sure if it is worth it or if it will be any better than what I already have. I have not been able to find any pics or reviews of the ICON product. If you have any experience with it please let me know.

Please let me know what you think?
I've had the toytec/deaver 1.5 aal (with tsb tho).....I thought it rode ok.....

Then I got the icon progressive 1.5 aal and holy crap does it ride smooth now!

I installed without my overload and got 1.5"

I think "pugga" has the same setup as me, but left his overload in. He has a camper shell, and carries tools at all times I think. He loves the ride.

If u keep ur overload installed along with the new icon aal, u should get 2" of lift.....then with the shell, it may settle a little bit, but I bet it will be pretty damn close to where ur at now.

Ill send Pugga the link to this thread for ya.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #3
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
For what its worth

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/dow...yr-review.html
Old 05-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
My ears were burning

I've got a shell, TSB leaf pack, the Icon AAL and I left the overload in place and love it. It rides nice and smooth. I have a platform built in the bed made from PT 2x6's and 3/4" plywood (heavy) and I carry tools in the bed full time. The shell I have is the ARE MX series, mid rise cap. I've had the setup for a while now (well over a year) and it still rides great! The leaf pack has remained quiet, handles loads well when I do need to load it down and the ride is nice and smooth. Since you said you don't tow or haul, the Icon 3-leaf AAL would be a great addition, I would leave the overload in place for some additional lift though. If you think you want the additional load carrying capacity, Wheeler's makes an HD version of the 3-leaf AAL, the difference is the leafs are a bit thicker.