Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

What remote resi shocks are you running with Dakars?

Old 05-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #1
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
What remote resi shocks are you running with Dakars?

I have searched and come up with a lot of information but nothing specific to what I am looking for.

I have started converting my suspension set (in coil spacers and AALs) up to a mid travel. A buddy of mine was selling his Dakars so I jumped on the deal. Now I have dakars with stock shocks (that were being run with AALs) and need to get some appropriate shocks on there ASAP. I know I want some remote resis or piggback for the rears. My question is what other people are running and how do you like it. It looks like there are some fox and icon options that work for around $400.

I will be running TC UCAs. Still undecided on what front coil overs to go to. King vs Icon vs Fox. But it will be one of those with the extended travel option. The front coil overs will be the last part to be replaced.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #3
Direct Representative
ICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant future

ICONRep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipnoreo View Post
I have searched and come up with a lot of information but nothing specific to what I am looking for.

I have started converting my suspension set (in coil spacers and AALs) up to a mid travel. A buddy of mine was selling his Dakars so I jumped on the deal. Now I have dakars with stock shocks (that were being run with AALs) and need to get some appropriate shocks on there ASAP. I know I want some remote resis or piggback for the rears. My question is what other people are running and how do you like it. It looks like there are some fox and icon options that work for around $400.

I will be running TC UCAs. Still undecided on what front coil overs to go to. King vs Icon vs Fox. But it will be one of those with the extended travel option. The front coil overs will be the last part to be replaced.
Any of the shocks we make in remote reservoir can be made to work with those springs (correct ext / col length)

We can do the following:

56503R - 2.0 Remote Reservoir

57805 - 2.5 Remote Reservoir w/ Bumpzone

57805C - 2.5 Remote Reservoir w/ Bumpzone + CDC

59905 - 2.5 Omega Bypass

Just wanted to let you know what options we at ICON have to offer to help with your decision. Get with one of our TW dealers for pricing and availability.

Good luck on your build!