Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Replacing Rear Blocks HELP

Old 05-18-2013, 08:52 PM   #1
redtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John Austin
redtacoma88's Tacoma Gallery
Replacing Rear Blocks HELP

So I have a 2012 DCSB Tacoma TRD OR. And as of now I have a 3" Rough Country Lift, its nice but soon it will need replacing.

I want to put the 2" Iornman Leaf Springs on to replace the 2" Rear Block I have now. The Rough Country kit came with extend u bolts and longer rear shocks, the rough country shocks that come with it seem to be nice do what I need the to do. So could I use the Rough Country rear shocks and the Iorn Man rear leaf pack with no problems?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:00 PM   #2
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think you should have any problems if the shocks has not been bottoming out and seems to ride ok with 2'' of lift.

I am not an expert on rear lifts though, I don't know if blocks change the geometry of the suspension vs what a leaf pack would do.

Matt
Old 05-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #3
redtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Anyone got some more Info?
Old 05-21-2013, 11:27 AM   #4
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Most likely those shocks will work just fine since they are longer for the lifted application. Possible, but unlikely that they would be too long. I don't know much about the Ironman springs, but they do seem to be very similar to the OME Dakars, which I do carry.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
Most likely those shocks will work just fine since they are longer for the lifted application. Possible, but unlikely that they would be too long. I don't know much about the Ironman springs, but they do seem to be very similar to the OME Dakars, which I do carry.
Awesome thank you. On the website it says the shock are for a 2"/3" lift. It also came with u bolts. Would one of your 2" aal's work? That would save me good money also! Thanks