Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Reg cab & coilovers

Old 05-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Reg cab & coilovers

I'm finding out I knew the basics only of coil overs. The more I read here, the more small details seem to matter.

The core issue is hearing a lot of talk of 700 lb. springs, winches etc., and I don't think I need 700 lb. springs since I wont be buying a winch and have a fairly light setup (3600lb or so empty). Also, I don't have any real weights of springs on most coil overs. I might get something like fox 2.0 or radflo (known 600 lb. spring) to do about .5"-1" tire clearance/slight leveling, not so much of a lift. Stock @ 500lb - 600lb seems to be the best range for this.

Any hard #s on springs from Icon, fox, king, and others is welcome, as well as impressions. 0"-2" type coileovers are what I'm moving towards.

Usage would be casual trails, very unimproved roads/use-2-b-roads and still a daily driver.