Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bds 6 inch coilover lift kit.yay or nay?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-19-2013, 11:18 PM   #1
cdelgado14 [OP] cdelgado14 is offline
Member
cdelgado14 is on a distinguished road
Joined: Dec 2012, #92905
Location: Alice,Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 55
cdelgado14's Tacoma Gallery
Bds 6 inch coilover lift kit.yay or nay?

Anybody running this lift currently?hows the ride?worth 3100$?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:37 AM   #3
3 7 Mafia
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Joined: Jan 2011, #49366
Location: Denver
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,667
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdelgado14 View Post
Anybody running this lift currently?hows the ride?worth 3100$?
Ride is pretty cherry! (except rear blocks)
Just make sure your dead set on a DB lift




Maybe get new UCA's
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:51 AM   #4
cdelgado14 [OP] cdelgado14 is offline
Member
cdelgado14 is on a distinguished road
Joined: Dec 2012, #92905
Location: Alice,Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 55
cdelgado14's Tacoma Gallery
Nice.ever guna get rid of the rear blocks?i was told that if I didn't not want the blocks..they could order me shocks for the rear.extra 1400$.any cheaper ideas?what size tires are you rolling on?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:53 AM   #5
cdelgado14 [OP] cdelgado14 is offline
Member
cdelgado14 is on a distinguished road
Joined: Dec 2012, #92905
Location: Alice,Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 55
cdelgado14's Tacoma Gallery
What is "db"?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:13 AM   #7
Senior Member
Buck717 is on a distinguished road
 
Buck717's Avatar
Name: John
Joined: May 2013, #103485
Location: Middletown, P.A.
Gender: Male
Posts: 144
Buck717's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdelgado14 View Post
Nice.ever guna get rid of the rear blocks?i was told that if I didn't not want the blocks..they could order me shocks for the rear.extra 1400$.any cheaper ideas?what size tires are you rolling on?
How do shocks get rid of the blocks? Am I missing something?

I have the BDS lift but I did spacers. Get the fox coil overs from the get go, or you'll just be upgrading in 6 months to a year like me. Luckily the coil overs come assembled so its a easy swap!
As for the rear blocks you'll need a spring pack to get rid of them, also in my plans at some point.
Also the bump stops that came with my kit were too big so I got low pro ones from amazon for $12, much nicer.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:35 AM   #8
cdelgado14 [OP] cdelgado14 is offline
Member
cdelgado14 is on a distinguished road
Joined: Dec 2012, #92905
Location: Alice,Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 55
cdelgado14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck717 View Post
How do shocks get rid of the blocks? Am I missing something?

I have the BDS lift but I did spacers. Get the fox coil overs from the get go, or you'll just be upgrading in 6 months to a year like me. Luckily the coil overs come assembled so its a easy swap!
As for the rear blocks you'll need a spring pack to get rid of them, also in my plans at some point.
Also the bump stops that came with my kit were too big so I got low pro ones from amazon for $12, much nicer.

Mmm have coils for the rear..?Spring pack.where can they be found an how much do they run?I'm running a 3 inch.just not sure if the 6 is going to be better or not..As far as bumps..?im lost.
Not too familiar with this field.what does the db have to do with a 6 inch..?Also..in what way does the UCA help?are they a must?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:17 AM   #9
Senior Member
Buck717 is on a distinguished road
 
Buck717's Avatar
Name: John
Joined: May 2013, #103485
Location: Middletown, P.A.
Gender: Male
Posts: 144
Buck717's Tacoma Gallery
Spring packs are about $500 a pair, give or take, you have leaf springs in the back not coil. Bump stops are what limit the Up travel of the front suspension, the smaller the more travel you have. The ones that came with my kit must have been misboxed because they were always touching the LCA.
DB is drop bracket. Means they add a lower cross member, taller steering knuckles, that's where the lift comes from to allow bigger tires. Stock UCAs are fine, after market allows more camber adjustment and better caster, they are not a must.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:38 AM   #10
cdelgado14 [OP] cdelgado14 is offline
Member
cdelgado14 is on a distinguished road
Joined: Dec 2012, #92905
Location: Alice,Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 55
cdelgado14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck717 View Post
Spring packs are about $500 a pair, give or take, you have leaf springs in the back not coil. Bump stops are what limit the Up travel of the front suspension, the smaller the more travel you have. The ones that came with my kit must have been misboxed because they were always touching the LCA.
DB is drop bracket. Means they add a lower cross member, taller steering knuckles, that's where the lift comes from to allow bigger tires. Stock UCAs are fine, after market allows more camber adjustment and better caster, they are not a must.

Where can they be purchased?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:39 PM   #11
Senior Member
Buck717 is on a distinguished road
 
Buck717's Avatar
Name: John
Joined: May 2013, #103485
Location: Middletown, P.A.
Gender: Male
Posts: 144
Buck717's Tacoma Gallery
Leaf springs from
customsuspension.com

Bump stops from amazon
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4 inch BDS lift cost jaysly Suspension 1 04-30-2013 09:50 AM
BDS 6 inch Lift. Hollyhonda82 Suspension 5 10-26-2012 06:25 AM
Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit 3in...yay or nay? LeanMeanGreenTaco 1st Gen. Tacomas 6 05-10-2011 10:18 AM
Rear Lift??? Yay or Nay Zac808 Suspension 13 01-09-2011 10:59 PM
Total Chaos 6 inch lift or BDS ? Audra Suspension 10 02-18-2010 03:30 PM


Copyright © 2014 Tacoma Forum. Tacoma World is not owned by, or affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation.