1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help: Need new Rear Leaf Pack...Alcan?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by BlueSteel, May 20, 2013.

1. May 20, 2013 at 3:21 AM
    BlueSteel

BlueSteel [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    The Woodlands, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Grey Doublecab TRD Sport Debadged
    Camburg 4" Spindles, Icon CB 2.5 adjustables front and rear, Total Chaos Upper/Lower CAs, Alcan 5" Rear Leafs, Timbren Bumpstops, 5" SS Brakelines, 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 18" KMC Monsters, Grill Craft Black Mesh Upper, Predator Running Boards, All Pro Rear Bumper and Hitch, Wet Okole Covers, Toyota Roof Rack, Limo Tint, TRD CAI, TRD Exhaust, Weathertech Mats, Redline Hood Struts, Red Top Odyssey battery, BDF Light Bar, Foglight anytime Mod, Lo Pro QT Truxedo Tonneau cover, Rocky Mount Bike Pegs.
    Maybe someone can jump on here and give me some advice. I am looking at getting a new rear leaf pack to replace my All Pro Expo leafs because my current setup is wayyy too stiff and is killing my back. I am recovering from back surgery and don't think that it can take any more abuse. I don't do much off-roading other than some light trail once in a while and I drive it mostly highway with no towing or heavy weight in the bed. I'm looking for a more cushion of a ride. City driving can be brutal with all the construction in town. I am currently sitting about level with my current setup (below) and 285/65/18 Nitto Terras and 18x9 KMC Monsters. I would like to go maybe 1/2" higher in the rear (over the All Pro Expo height) so that I can clear a 33x12.50" in the front. I am rubbing at times with my 285s and may need to crank it up higher with new 33x12.50s and the stock front bumper. Also, I have the All Pro Rear Plate bumper.

My Setup: 2009 V6 Tacoma Prerunner. I am currently running Upper/lower Total Chaos CAs (Standard not Longarm) w/Camburg 4" Spindles and Fox 2.5 COs w Resi. My Rear is the All Pro Rear Expedition Leaf Pack, Timbren bumpstops, 2.0 Fox Rear resi shocks (10.5"), and U-Bolt Flip kit. 5" SS Extended brake cables front and rear.

truck1-1_2c8f689611d9548541b968c7472243e8b1c1fba3.jpg

Should I just go All Pro Standard Leaf Pack with a 1.5" block OR a custom Alcan leaf pack? I would like to just go the Alcan route but I am not sure on the exact dimensions other than the height needed and load capacity. I am kind of limited on what I can do with my movements due to the surgery. I can't really get in under the truck and take a ton of measurements right now. Does anyone know if Alcan already has the standard Tacoma 2nd Gen OEM measurements that I can go off of? I sold my OEM leaf pack to another TW member some time back.

Thanks

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  2. May 20, 2013 at 8:01 AM
    disc0monkey

disc0monkey All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!

Member:
    you can call alcan and tell them what you need. they have base lines.

Products Discussed in

To Top