LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Help: Need new Rear Leaf Pack...Alcan?

Old 05-20-2013, 03:21 AM   #1
BlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant future

Law Enforcement:
Name: James
BlueSteel's Tacoma Gallery
Help: Need new Rear Leaf Pack...Alcan?

Maybe someone can jump on here and give me some advice. I am looking at getting a new rear leaf pack to replace my All Pro Expo leafs because my current setup is wayyy too stiff and is killing my back. I am recovering from back surgery and don't think that it can take any more abuse. I don't do much off-roading other than some light trail once in a while and I drive it mostly highway with no towing or heavy weight in the bed. I'm looking for a more cushion of a ride. City driving can be brutal with all the construction in town. I am currently sitting about level with my current setup (below) and 285/65/18 Nitto Terras and 18x9 KMC Monsters. I would like to go maybe 1/2" higher in the rear (over the All Pro Expo height) so that I can clear a 33x12.50" in the front. I am rubbing at times with my 285s and may need to crank it up higher with new 33x12.50s and the stock front bumper. Also, I have the All Pro Rear Plate bumper.

My Setup: 2009 V6 Tacoma Prerunner. I am currently running Upper/lower Total Chaos CAs (Standard not Longarm) w/Camburg 4" Spindles and Fox 2.5 COs w Resi. My Rear is the All Pro Rear Expedition Leaf Pack, Timbren bumpstops, 2.0 Fox Rear resi shocks (10.5"), and U-Bolt Flip kit. 5" SS Extended brake cables front and rear.

Should I just go All Pro Standard Leaf Pack with a 1.5" block OR a custom Alcan leaf pack? I would like to just go the Alcan route but I am not sure on the exact dimensions other than the height needed and load capacity. I am kind of limited on what I can do with my movements due to the surgery. I can't really get in under the truck and take a ton of measurements right now. Does anyone know if Alcan already has the standard Tacoma 2nd Gen OEM measurements that I can go off of? I sold my OEM leaf pack to another TW member some time back.

Thanks
Old 05-20-2013, 08:01 AM   #2
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
you can call alcan and tell them what you need. they have base lines.