1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

front suspension creek

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by thebigsmit, May 20, 2013.

1. May 20, 2013 at 4:22 PM
    thebigsmit

thebigsmit [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Before I lifted my truck, I had a bad creeking going on in the front right area. Took it to the dealer, the bushings had to be replaced. Lifted my truck 3" and now the left side is doing the same thing. Did the lift have anything to do with this? I have a 2013 so why the heck would my bushings have gone bad anyway? It was about 6 months ago so I don't remember if they replaced both sides or just the right.

2. May 20, 2013 at 4:28 PM
    Raceline08

Raceline08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Santa Rosa, ca
    Vehicle:
    Silver 08 DBC SB 4x4 TRD Offroad
    front Billies, 885x coils, taco lean spacer, TC UCA'S, Magnaflow 22" OME Dakars, Billy 110 rear's, B.A.M.F CMC, custom made E-locker guard
    More info please. Bushings? Which ones etc, lift info would help too.:)

thanks,
    Brett

3. May 20, 2013 at 4:47 PM
    Raceline08

Raceline08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Santa Rosa, ca
    Vehicle:
    Silver 08 DBC SB 4x4 TRD Offroad
    front Billies, 885x coils, taco lean spacer, TC UCA'S, Magnaflow 22" OME Dakars, Billy 110 rear's, B.A.M.F CMC, custom made E-locker guard
    Do you still have the receipt from the dealer? Maybe there was a part number on there? could narrow it down that way? There are lots of different bushings on the front of these rigs.

Brett

4. May 20, 2013 at 4:51 PM
    Gregero

Gregero TRD: Trail Ready Development

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Carson City, NV
    Vehicle:
    Blue '06 Prerunner TRD Sport
    Debadged Tailgate, TOYOTA logo on Tailgate, Uniden Radio w/ 4' Ant., Removed Sway-Bar, Rear Icon Extended Travel Shocks, 8" King Offroad Shocks, Debadged Doors, 1.25" Rear AllPro Wheel Spacers, 315/70R17 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, AllPro Skid Plate, New Car Smell Air Freshener, OMD Ford&Chevy Leaf Pack with Original Main leaf, Engage LT UCAs and LCAs, Engage HD Tie Rod Ends, Kar-Tek Limit Straps, Camber Eliminator Kit, Removed Rear Flares, Blue LED Dome and Map lights, LED License plate lights, Black TRD Sport Rims, 20W PA Speaker, 2 Meter Radio, Demello-like Bed Bar, Harbor Freight Dust Lights, Blacked-out Hood Scoop, Custom Pre-Runner Bumper, JBA Long Tube Headers, MBRP Catback Exhaust, AFE Stage2 CAI, URD MAF Sensor Calibrator
    One dry and dusty day I started hearing some insane creeking noises from my front suspension. Lifted it up on jacks, tore it all apart aside from the LCAs and COULD NOT find anything wrong. Lowered it back down and heard it again- drove me nuts for a day further until I threw some Dupont's dry lube onto the LCA bushings and the noise completely went away after riding it around like that for a tad. Give it a shot?

5. May 20, 2013 at 6:11 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Did you get an alignment done after your lift? If you did, the most common fix to front end end creeking is checking to be sure the torque on the LCA bolts n nuts is at 100ftlbs. Most of the time the alignment techs don't know this, and only tighten to their liking. Try it and creeking should go away.

6. Jun 21, 2013 at 7:18 PM
    joelklape

joelklape New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    Cobleskill, NY
    Vehicle:
    2011 DBL CAB TX Pro
    I had the same problem after installing a 2" Skyjacker leveling kit. I heard a creaking noise in the front end after I had an alignment done. Totally went away after I torqued the LCA bolts to 100 ft. lbs!:D

tacoma lift.jpg

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top