Notices

front suspension creek

Old 05-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #1
Useful Idiot
thebigsmit is on a distinguished road

Name: Brent
thebigsmit's Tacoma Gallery
front suspension creek

Before I lifted my truck, I had a bad creeking going on in the front right area. Took it to the dealer, the bushings had to be replaced. Lifted my truck 3" and now the left side is doing the same thing. Did the lift have anything to do with this? I have a 2013 so why the heck would my bushings have gone bad anyway? It was about 6 months ago so I don't remember if they replaced both sides or just the right.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:28 PM   #2
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
More info please. Bushings? Which ones etc, lift info would help too.

thanks,
Brett
Old 05-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #3
Useful Idiot

Thats the problem, I don't know which bushings either. Its just a toytec ultimate lift with Billies. Its a very distinct noise, which is why I immediately recognized it today when I heard it.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:47 PM   #4
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Do you still have the receipt from the dealer? Maybe there was a part number on there? could narrow it down that way? There are lots of different bushings on the front of these rigs.

Brett
Old 05-20-2013, 04:51 PM   #5
TRD: Trail Ready Development
Gregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Gregero's Tacoma Gallery
One dry and dusty day I started hearing some insane creeking noises from my front suspension. Lifted it up on jacks, tore it all apart aside from the LCAs and COULD NOT find anything wrong. Lowered it back down and heard it again- drove me nuts for a day further until I threw some Dupont's dry lube onto the LCA bushings and the noise completely went away after riding it around like that for a tad. Give it a shot?
Old 05-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #6
Useful Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregero View Post
One dry and dusty day I started hearing some insane creeking noises from my front suspension. Lifted it up on jacks, tore it all apart aside from the LCAs and COULD NOT find anything wrong. Lowered it back down and heard it again- drove me nuts for a day further until I threw some Dupont's dry lube onto the LCA bushings and the noise completely went away after riding it around like that for a tad. Give it a shot?
Anythings worth a try. Now that I think about it, the yota mechanic did replace my right LCA bushings. He said they were "bad". Don't know how on a brand new frickin truck though.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #7
Useful Idiot

Now that I think about it, I did just wash my truck. There was a lot of dirt and dust around the lcas. Could I have taken some of the grease off of the bushings if I washed in the wheel well around that area?
Old 06-21-2013, 07:18 PM   #9
joelklape is on a distinguished road
Name: Joel
joelklape's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same problem after installing a 2" Skyjacker leveling kit. I heard a creaking noise in the front end after I had an alignment done. Totally went away after I torqued the LCA bolts to 100 ft. lbs!
Attached Thumbnails
front suspension creek-tacoma-lift.jpg