Does anyone still run this??

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #1
Avid Jeep Hater
JPT is on a distinguished road
Name: JP
JPT's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone still run this??

I was wondering if anyone still ran the 3 inch pro comp on their newer trucks or if it was a thing of the past. I am looking at this one below.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits...t_pn=EXPK5081B

I know that bilstein/toytec/ome are new alternative, but the most inexpensive is 100+ more dollars than this kit. Also i hate blocks and if i ran this kit i would likely get an aal because my truck is newer. Input, on this specific product?

edit: I've been searching for lifts for months
Old 05-21-2013, 11:04 AM   #2
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
There use to be a 3inch procomp thread but the guy got banned and it got deleted since he started it.

But if its the same one, I heard it rides rough till you break in the shocks, but thats subjective to the person. Some people expect their truck to ride like a cadillac, others did not think it was bad.

I think I have read one member who has it on a new truck, but havent heard much from the procomp 3inch stuff.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #3
Avid Jeep Hater
JPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
There use to be a 3inch procomp thread but the guy got banned and it got deleted since he started it.

But if its the same one, I heard it rides rough till you break in the shocks, but thats subjective to the person. Some people expect their truck to ride like a cadillac, others did not think it was bad.

I think I have read one member who has it on a new truck, but havent heard much from the procomp 3inch stuff.
interesting... The guy got banned because he was running and talking about Pro-Comp ?

edit: no he didnt i read that wrong. Do you know the name of the member?
Old 05-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #4
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
No he did something stupid haha
Old 05-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #5
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Send a PM to Mooose1988, Pretty sure he had the Procomp 3" lift for awhile and can give you more info on it.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:10 AM   #6
Avid Jeep Hater
JPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Send a PM to Mooose1988, Pretty sure he had the Procomp 3" lift for awhile and can give you more info on it.
okay, thanks.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:29 AM   #7
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
I can probably get you setup up with a similar but better system for around the same price point.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:34 PM   #8
Avid Jeep Hater
JPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
I can probably get you setup up with a similar but better system for around the same price point.
pm'd
Old 05-21-2013, 01:56 PM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
If they're still using the same coils, the coils that came with the Procomp 3" kit are a 700# coil, which is why it makes the truck ride like a dump truck. To put that into perspective, stock coils are around 540#/in, OME are around 580#/in and Eibachs are around 620 #/in. The only other guys running 700# coils are the ones who are carrying armor and a winch. I would agree with Dan and price out some other options before jumping on the Procomp lift.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #10
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
My buddy had this lift for a few years and he didnt mind it. He needed to replace his shocks a couple months ago cause he said the ride started getting harsh so he went with 5100's but other then that he didnt really have any complaints.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #11
Avid Jeep Hater
JPT's Tacoma Gallery
alright... My cheap self will do it right the first time.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:32 PM   #12
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPT View Post
alright... My cheap self will do it right the first time.
What other lift are you looking at?

Products Discussed in this Thread