Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

6" fabtech suspension lift??

Old 02-21-2009, 09:49 PM   #1
toyowally is on a distinguished road
toyowally's Tacoma Gallery
Question 6" fabtech suspension lift??

Anybody have this kit or have any experince with it. Was thinking about ProComp but from reading this forum i can see its not a good choice. So how bout fabtech's 6" worth the money and hassel? The performce stage not standard, by the way I'm going 6" so please don't reply with 3" is better, not intrested Thanks
Old 02-21-2009, 11:19 PM   #2
Mall Cruiser Pilot
SuperD is a jewel in the roughSuperD is a jewel in the roughSuperD is a jewel in the roughSuperD is a jewel in the rough

SuperD's Tacoma Gallery
Why is the Pro-Comp not a good choice? If it's an '09 w/VSC then Pro-Comp is the only choice you have right now. The FabTech VSC kits won't ship for another few weeks per FabTech.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:41 AM   #3
Ok let me restate i'm new at lift kits and never have lifted one before or used any. After reading some thread it sound as though ProComp was not on the top of every's fav. list. ProComp was my first choice. I guess what I'm saying is which is better ProComp or Fabtech?? which has lasted longer? worked best? worth the money? I'll be getting the Stage ll or performance. I'm not asking just for a 09 but more of the range of the last decade. Thanks
Old 02-22-2009, 07:44 AM   #4
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i think silverseven has the procomp on his truck
Old 02-22-2009, 07:48 AM   #5
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
What were the majority of the comments on the Procomp? I imagine that it was some guys' friends' brothers' cousins' friend had a Procomp on a Dodge and it broke.

Silver is pretty happy with his me thinks...
Old 02-22-2009, 07:56 AM   #6
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
me loves it! I would go procomp again on the 6" over fabtech, only because the bracketry appears to be stronger, also it gives a good platform for skids, its flat rather than arched (which doesnt actually provide additional clearance)

where procomp lacks is in the shock department, many have issues with their shocks, however i recently upgraded to the PC Coilovers and MX6 shocks and am extremely happy with the performance.

here is a picture of the bracketry

edit: if you have a lot of money to spend though, I would consider going LT as you get almost the same height, but better performance.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:05 AM   #8
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
^^
Sex Pic
haha she loves to mud wrestle too

did you get a new truck yet?
Old 02-22-2009, 08:07 AM   #9
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

still working on it... I've expanded my color choices to:

1. Mag Gray
2. Pyrite Mica
3. Barcelona Red

My wife likes the pyrite the most... lol (never would have thought that... )
Old 02-22-2009, 08:08 AM   #10
Rock Solid Toy

yeah i say pyrite or mag.. those colors both spell sex on the beach.

are you getting tacoma again or tundra?
Old 02-22-2009, 08:12 AM   #11
Mayor of TW

Prolly Taco... but it's hard to pass up on the Tundy because a loaded double cab 4x4 TRD Off Road is cheaper than the same in a Tacoma...

It's just bigger... and thirstier...
Old 02-22-2009, 08:31 AM   #12
OK thanks that helps a little bit i'll do a little more research and asking around
Old 02-22-2009, 05:23 PM   #13
ricepow is on a distinguished road
ricepow's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Pro Comp Stage II and have no regrets. I have been very happy with it and no problems at all.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:34 PM   #14
Mall Cruiser Pilot
SuperD is a jewel in the roughSuperD is a jewel in the roughSuperD is a jewel in the roughSuperD is a jewel in the rough

SuperD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricepow View Post
I have the Pro Comp Stage II and have no regrets. I have been very happy with it and no problems at all.
Any pics?
Old 02-24-2009, 01:55 PM   #15
ricepow's Tacoma Gallery
Just this one. I need to take more, this isn't a very good pic
Old 02-24-2009, 03:19 PM   #16
Mall Cruiser Pilot

SuperD's Tacoma Gallery
Looks sick! Ok, two more questions. Wheel & tire size?
Those are Moto Metal 955s?
Old 02-24-2009, 08:01 PM   #17
SIX-1-NINE Motorsports has a spectacular aura aboutSIX-1-NINE Motorsports has a spectacular aura about

SIX-1-NINE Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Here is my professional thoughts on the kits that are available today for the Tacoma's- What choice you decide should come from what you do or plan to do with the truck along with desired tire size...

Pro-Comp Kit:
One of the least expensive kits that has 2 variations being the stage 1 coil spacer kit and stage 2 with their MX6 coil overs. This kit is easy to install and has a good street ride. The kit will clear a 33" tire with ease and a 35" with minor trimming.

Fabtech Kit:
Heavier duty kit with 2 stages available, oversize casted knuckles and dual stabilizer options available. This kit is a true 6" of lift and can clear a 35" tire with ease. The Dirt Logic coil overs are a little pricey but work good off road.

RCD Kit:
4.5" kit that will clear a 33" tire- biggest benefit is the Bilstein 5100's that come with the kit. Great on and off road ride and good looks with the stainless compression struts.

Depending on what your looking to get out of your lift you can customize each of these kits by replacing the coil spacers with a set of either KING or FOX aftermarket coil overs.If you just want a good riding, good looking lift the Pro-Comp is the best bet as far as pricing.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:46 AM   #18
Rock Solid Toy

nm
Old 02-25-2009, 07:11 AM   #19
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
i have the pro comp kit and i went with it for the same reasons silver did. plus the skid plate for it is really nice because it reaches the whole way back past the brackets.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:16 PM   #20
ricepow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Looks sick! Ok, two more questions. Wheel & tire size?
Those are Moto Metal 955s?
Yes they are the 955s. My tires are Goodyear Wrangler MTR 305/70-17 which measures 34.1 x 12.2. No rubbing since I slightly trimmed the splash guards. I have been very pleased with these tires. I'm probably at about 41k miles on them and should get at least another 12k if I had to guess. No unusual cupping or anything. Ill be buying them again.