Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Toytec Coilover Lift Tolerance

Old 05-21-2013, 04:07 PM   #1
JCool is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
JCool's Tacoma Gallery
Cool Toytec Coilover Lift Tolerance

Hey all! I hate that my inaugural post is a simple question (for those who know), but here goes:

I just had a Toytec coilover lift w/AAL installed (I have one good arm right now, ruptured biceps tendon...boo!) on my new '13 Tacoma TRD Off-Road and noticed each wheel well lip is sitting at a different height from hub center. My LR is 1/2" lower than the RR (seems legit). My LF, however, is sitting 3/4" lower than the RF. Is that too much of a delta?

I understand the the gas tank, engine bay components, etc, cause differences for each corner. I'm also getting new tires and wheels this week, warranting an alignment, but if I need to have them adjusted then, I can...just don't want to jump the gun. It's only got 140 miles on it, and is still settling...I'm sure.

Input greatly appreciated. Nice to be a part of TW!
Old 05-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Did you put the lean spacer on the driver's side? Tacomas are known to lean so when installing aftermarket coils, you either need to crank up the driver's side a bit more or install a lean spacer above the coil.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
Air Force:
JCool's Tacoma Gallery
Nope...not on there. How many miles should I put on it before cranking it up? If I need to wait for a bit, I should be able to do it myself. BTW, both are adjusted to the 9th thread (from the bottom).
Old 05-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCool View Post
Nope...not on there. How many miles should I put on it before cranking it up?
If they have an adjustable collar, do it before you get an alignment.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:24 PM   #5
Air Force:
JCool's Tacoma Gallery
They do...got the wrenches in the truck now. Will get it done when the wheels are off.