Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Another Toytec Vibration Question

Old 05-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #1
JCool is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
JCool's Tacoma Gallery
Another Toytec Vibration Question

To begin, I've searched to the end of the internet and back, but here's my issue:

I spent 8 hrs at the dealership yesterday for a drivetrain vibration at initial acceleration to ~15 mph. They knocked out a TSB for drivetrain vibes and troubleshot the vibe that was still there (which is a result of the lift anyway). I convinced the mechanic to shim the carrier bearing about 3/8" with washers until my Old Man Emu FK29 drop kit arrives.

The TSB is done, axle shims are present and oriented correctly, and the CB is currently dropped ~3/8". The vibe/shudder is still there. Am I missing something?

Thanks...

'13 Tacoma TRD Off-Road DCSB
Old 05-21-2013, 05:36 PM   #2
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Is it a vibration, or an axle wrap issue? You may need to slide the driveline apart and pack the splined section full of grease. Just make sure to keep the orientation correct.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:10 PM   #3
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Vibrations on acceleration are a known issue even on unlifted tacomas. Had the tsb done to mine, still vibrates.