Notices

Shocks for 95.5

Old 05-21-2013, 08:59 PM   #1
Greenhorn
95.5 taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyle Osborne
95.5 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Shocks for 95.5

I know yall are gonna b**** me out about getting cheap shocks!
But i was looking at these and wondering whats the difference in these 2 shocks? Hydro VS. Nitro

http://skyjacker.com/product.php?ProdID=27351
http://skyjacker.com/product.php?ProdID=27239

If these are a serious "no no" what do you prefer for some cheap/OK shocks? Procomp, skyjacker, rancho, etc?! Dont have $300++ for shocks. And i dont do any crawling or hardcore offroad! I play in the mud and live on a ruff dirtroad! Needing new shocks on all 4 corners also! Not just front or rear!

Any help/info is appreciated!!
Old 05-21-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Spend the coin and get some Bilstein 5100's all around. Amazing ride and lifetime warranty.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:37 PM   #3
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
Spend the coin and get some Bilstein 5100's all around. Amazing ride and lifetime warranty.
Yeah if you take a baseball bat to them and light them on fire, you can still get a new pair!! Never have to buy more shocks in your life...unless you lift
Old 05-22-2013, 05:55 PM   #4
Greenhorn

Ok then i am now taking funds for a GREAT cause! help out my toyota! Put a dollar in the hat....you know you want to!
Old 05-22-2013, 11:58 PM   #5
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95.5 taco View Post
Ok then i am now taking funds for a GREAT cause! help out my toyota! Put a dollar in the hat....you know you want to!
Hey guise look over here we have ourselves a comedian!
Old 05-23-2013, 06:48 AM   #6
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
What's your price range? There are some bilsteins at decent prices out there. I'd probably wait for someone selling stock TRD bilsteins, if you want a like-stock setup.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:37 AM   #8
Greenhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
What's your price range? There are some bilsteins at decent prices out there. I'd probably wait for someone selling stock TRD bilsteins, if you want a like-stock setup.
well my truck is lifted 3" in the front and 2.5" in the rear. just wanting a little better ride then what i have! bought the truck with around 180,000 miles and now its got somewhere around 250,000 and we have never changed the shocks so have no clue how many miles are on them. the shocks were worn before we lifted it and it just made it worse but didnt really worry about them until now cause the rough dirtroad has gotten old!
Old 05-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #9

Quote:
well my truck is lifted 3" in the front and 2.5" in the rear. just wanting a little better ride then what i have! bought the truck with around 180,000 miles and now its got somewhere around 250,000 and we have never changed the shocks so have no clue how many miles are on them. the shocks were worn before we lifted it and it just made it worse but didnt really worry about them until now cause the rough dirtroad has gotten old!
My God man! get the 5100's! Those shocks are probably completely gone. Did you lift it yourself?
Old 05-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #10
Greenhorn

yea i did. and honestly they might still be the stock shocks!! lol thats why i gotta get new ones cause i really dont know!
Old 05-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #11

Quote:
yea i did. and honestly they might still be the stock shocks!! lol thats why i gotta get new ones cause i really dont know!
I'm surprised you haven't ripped them apart or broke them under full compression. You're not supposed to run stock length shocks on a lift. I'm honestly surprised you're still driving it
Old 05-23-2013, 08:57 PM   #12
toastyjosh is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: helitack
toastyjosh's Tacoma Gallery
do the front first:
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/9504tacoadjbils.htm

then do the rear later.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:27 PM   #13
Greenhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Biscuits View Post
I'm surprised you haven't ripped them apart or broke them under full compression. You're not supposed to run stock length shocks on a lift. I'm honestly surprised you're still driving it
yea i know! but it been lifted for 3 years now and no problems with them other then being worn out! o well!