1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Remote Resi - All to Know Thread

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by genrec, May 23, 2013.

1. May 23, 2013 at 5:39 PM
    genrec

genrec [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hey guys, Sorry if this thread exists, I couldn't find it if so.

I'm about to redo my suspension, but had some questions before I go resi's.

Mainly, what if any issues can be expected over a regular extended CO? Lines rubbing or breaking, what is the wear expectancy? What issues have you owners experienced you didn't know you were in for? Any cons, anyone regret not going regular CO?

I was looking for a thread with pictures of resi set ups and the ways they were mounted as well, please post here if you can.

2. May 23, 2013 at 7:23 PM
    chenbro

chenbro ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Member:
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2009 Silver DCSB TRD OR
    What haven’t I changed?
    subbed. Ordered a mid-travel with resi's all around and would like to know any gotchas as well.

3. May 23, 2013 at 7:25 PM
    genrec

Member:
    Same here, have it all going on next week..wanna know issues now though! if any

4. May 23, 2013 at 8:21 PM
    06HAOLE

06HAOLE Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    2019 Ford Raptor
    There are no issues. My Kings came with brackets for front and rear resis. Icon does the same as well as Fox.

5. May 24, 2013 at 4:49 PM
    PMK

PMK Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    10 DCLB TRD Sport
    White, debadged, Mudflaps removed, ICON 2.5 in front, 2.0 in rear, all 4 corners have reservoirs, Spidertrax wheel spacers all around, BAMF bolt on sliders, Avid lightbar, oem transmission cooler converted to power steering cooler, aftermarket transmission cooler eliminating all oem transmission cooler stuff, remote mounted spin on transmission fluid filter TrueTrac rear differential, rear diff housing vented and filtered into left side bed box, URD MAF calibrator, Volant intake scoop into oem airbox, second filter removed, airbox internals smoothed, blended and polished throttle body, NST intake manifold spacer, Wet Okolee set covers, WeatherTech Digital Fit mats, inexpensive JVC single DIN, Scangage, AVS Stepshield door sill protectors, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, URD Y pipe with O2 sims.
    FWIW, I did need to drill a hole in the frame at each rear wheelwell to mount the ICON rezzy bracket.

PK

6. May 25, 2013 at 2:11 AM
    mo13

mo13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Orange park, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR
    Icon RR extended length coilovers with cdc,Icon RR 2.0 custom length shocks, Icon tube UCA,all pro standard leaf pack,allpro u bolt flip kit,extended front and rear steel braided brake lines,CMC,super bumps, color matched mirror covers, relentless fab front bumper, smittybilt 8k winch with syn line, viking thimble and hawse fairlead, d2s retro fits, 20" led bar on bamf bracket, 4 rigid duallys, skygear fuse box, viper remote start, and a very shotty made satoshi raptor mesh grill made by myself haha
    Is there any way to mount the Icon resi without drilling into the frame should be getting mine here soon and not looking to drill the frame anyway.

7. May 25, 2013 at 4:31 AM
    PMK

PMK Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    10 DCLB TRD Sport
    White, debadged, Mudflaps removed, ICON 2.5 in front, 2.0 in rear, all 4 corners have reservoirs, Spidertrax wheel spacers all around, BAMF bolt on sliders, Avid lightbar, oem transmission cooler converted to power steering cooler, aftermarket transmission cooler eliminating all oem transmission cooler stuff, remote mounted spin on transmission fluid filter TrueTrac rear differential, rear diff housing vented and filtered into left side bed box, URD MAF calibrator, Volant intake scoop into oem airbox, second filter removed, airbox internals smoothed, blended and polished throttle body, NST intake manifold spacer, Wet Okolee set covers, WeatherTech Digital Fit mats, inexpensive JVC single DIN, Scangage, AVS Stepshield door sill protectors, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, URD Y pipe with O2 sims.
    Either buy shocks with no rezzy and less performance, or go with piggyback style rezzys for the rear.

FWIW, the hole is small and would go unnoticed if the shocks were removed. The hole location is in a no stress area.

PK

8. May 25, 2013 at 4:38 AM
    mo13

mo13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Orange park, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR
    Icon RR extended length coilovers with cdc,Icon RR 2.0 custom length shocks, Icon tube UCA,all pro standard leaf pack,allpro u bolt flip kit,extended front and rear steel braided brake lines,CMC,super bumps, color matched mirror covers, relentless fab front bumper, smittybilt 8k winch with syn line, viking thimble and hawse fairlead, d2s retro fits, 20" led bar on bamf bracket, 4 rigid duallys, skygear fuse box, viper remote start, and a very shotty made satoshi raptor mesh grill made by myself haha
    Cool thanks for the info bro

9. May 25, 2013 at 4:59 AM
    BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony You’ll have that on these big jobs.

Member:
    First Name:
    You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
    Only thing you need to know is the resis pull bitches like you wouldn't believe :cool:

10. May 25, 2013 at 5:07 AM
    PMK

PMK Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    10 DCLB TRD Sport

Yeah, just what I need, trying to explain that to my wife.

PK

11. May 25, 2013 at 5:12 AM
    BulletToothTony

Member:
    First Name:
    You're not the only one who has to explain it to his wife :anonymous:

12. May 25, 2013 at 5:31 AM
    PMK

PMK Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    10 DCLB TRD Sport
    So I should offer this, "hey honey, I bought these cool shocks with rezzys for a heap of money so I can score bitches"

Last mod my truck would ever see.

PK

13. May 25, 2013 at 5:33 AM
    BulletToothTony

Member:
    First Name:
    Just don't tell her you spent a heap of money.... And leave off the part about the bitches.... In fact don't tell her you bought anything for your truck, I always just wait until she sees something new and asked when I got it. Then I'm just like, "Oh that? I've had that for a while..." :)

14. May 25, 2013 at 7:38 AM
    ndcmack

ndcmack Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    NICK
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    BSP 4x4 TRD DCSB
    Not enough
    OP, you sell your standard travel Icon stage 1 kit yet? Did you stick with Icon on the Resi's?

15. May 25, 2013 at 7:43 AM
    186000mps

186000mps ..Slingin' up mud and we're scarying off bunnies..

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Wimberley, TX
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma V6 4WD
    Bilstein 5100's, Toytec front adjustable coilover kit, Exporear leafs, Fox resi rears, Slotted & Drilled front rotors, 33x12.50 BFG ATs on Outlaw II 15 x 10s, Bushwacker cutout flares, K&N cold air intake with aluminum sheathing water baffles, ARB bumper with XD9000 winch with wireless remote, IPF 900XS lights, Flowmaster cat-back exhaust, Rhino bed liner, UWS gullwing toolbox with tools and recovery gear. 48" Hi-Lift Jack secured under toolbox.
    :thumbsup:

16. May 25, 2013 at 12:36 PM
    genrec

Member:
    It comes off next week. Going resis still. Selling stage 1 still. Have interest, just have to get it all off.

17. May 27, 2013 at 12:21 PM
    andrew8404

andrew8404 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    ANDREW
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB TRD OR 4x4 (Sold) 19 Ford Ranger Sport XLT 4x4
    I'm interested in your stage one let me know.

18. May 27, 2013 at 12:40 PM
    The Traveler

The Traveler Desert Chief

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1991 Toyota Pickup 4x4 Prerunner
    No surprises with remote reservoirs, Jeff. Just gotta make sure the lines don't chafe anything, and drill the holes for the rear brackets in the correct spot. Other than that, enjoy the bitches you'll be pullin. hahahaha

:thumbsup:

Products Discussed in

To Top