Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Remote Resi - All to Know Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 05:39 PM   #1
genrec is on a distinguished road

genrec's Tacoma Gallery
Remote Resi - All to Know Thread

Hey guys, Sorry if this thread exists, I couldn't find it if so.

I'm about to redo my suspension, but had some questions before I go resi's.

Mainly, what if any issues can be expected over a regular extended CO? Lines rubbing or breaking, what is the wear expectancy? What issues have you owners experienced you didn't know you were in for? Any cons, anyone regret not going regular CO?

I was looking for a thread with pictures of resi set ups and the ways they were mounted as well, please post here if you can.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:23 PM   #2
chenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
chenbro's Tacoma Gallery
subbed. Ordered a mid-travel with resi's all around and would like to know any gotchas as well.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:25 PM   #3

genrec's Tacoma Gallery
Same here, have it all going on next week..wanna know issues now though! if any
Old 05-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #4
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
There are no issues. My Kings came with brackets for front and rear resis. Icon does the same as well as Fox.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:11 AM   #6
mo13 has much to be proud ofmo13 has much to be proud ofmo13 has much to be proud ofmo13 has much to be proud ofmo13 has much to be proud ofmo13 has much to be proud ofmo13 has much to be proud ofmo13 has much to be proud of
Navy: AD2
Name: Marc
mo13's Tacoma Gallery
Is there any way to mount the Icon resi without drilling into the frame should be getting mine here soon and not looking to drill the frame anyway.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:31 AM   #7
PMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PMK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo13 View Post
Is there any way to mount the Icon resi without drilling into the frame should be getting mine here soon and not looking to drill the frame anyway.
Either buy shocks with no rezzy and less performance, or go with piggyback style rezzys for the rear.

FWIW, the hole is small and would go unnoticed if the shocks were removed. The hole location is in a no stress area.

PK
Old 05-25-2013, 04:59 AM   #9
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Only thing you need to know is the resis pull bitches like you wouldn't believe
Old 05-25-2013, 05:12 AM   #11
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK View Post
Yeah, just what I need, trying to explain that to my wife.

PK
You're not the only one who has to explain it to his wife
Old 05-25-2013, 05:33 AM   #13

Just don't tell her you spent a heap of money.... And leave off the part about the bitches.... In fact don't tell her you bought anything for your truck, I always just wait until she sees something new and asked when I got it. Then I'm just like, "Oh that? I've had that for a while..."
Old 05-25-2013, 07:38 AM   #14
ndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: NICK
ndcmack's Tacoma Gallery
OP, you sell your standard travel Icon stage 1 kit yet? Did you stick with Icon on the Resi's?
Old 05-25-2013, 07:43 AM   #15
..Slingin' up mud and we're scarying off bunnies..
186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Charles
186000mps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Just don't tell her you spent a heap of money.... And leave off the part about the bitches.... In fact don't tell her you bought anything for your truck, I always just wait until she sees something new and asked when I got it. Then I'm just like, "Oh that? I've had that for a while..."
Old 05-25-2013, 12:36 PM   #16

genrec's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcmack View Post
OP, you sell your standard travel Icon stage 1 kit yet? Did you stick with Icon on the Resi's?
It comes off next week. Going resis still. Selling stage 1 still. Have interest, just have to get it all off.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #17
andrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: 2 Battalion 4th Marines
Name: ANDREW
andrew8404's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by genrec View Post
It comes off next week. Going resis still. Selling stage 1 still. Have interest, just have to get it all off.
I'm interested in your stage one let me know.