Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Alignment from Sears....

Old 05-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #1
CollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
CollegeKevin's Tacoma Gallery
Alignment from Sears....

Can someone please review these numbers. I had to ask for the sheet when I normally get an alignment, but they didnt offer it to me this time. I had to ask for the sheet and when the sales guy gave it to me he said if there's any problems with the alignment I can bring it back.

Note: This is also after my OME lift. 885 Coils
Old 05-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #2
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
yeah they r retards.... bet it doesn't drive very well huh? no caster and camber is way off on the left side. if a the eccentrics move and arent siezed, they did a terrible job.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:02 PM   #3
CollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoftoys View Post
yeah they r retards.... bet it doesn't drive very well huh? no caster and camber is way off on the left side. if a the eccentrics move and arent siezed, they did a terrible job.
I drove it 5 miles home. It feels better then it did but not getting the alignment sheet, then the sales guys reaction to the numbers when he gave me the sheet, and the bottom of the page stating that the alignment numbers are not in spec really raised a flag. The Sears guy that did the work seems like a lazy POS. He did my inspection a month ago and said he should have failed me for a missing lug, but did not mention anything about my rear pads being low. Guy seems like a stoner that just doesnt give a S***

My tires also humm a lot louder then they did before my lift and this alignment
Old 05-25-2013, 04:04 PM   #4

Am I looking at possible uneven tire wear from the alignment? Should I bring it to another Sears and have them check it out? Or are these numbers alright?
Old 05-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
toe is fine, Caster sucks (but you need different UCA's to fix that), and the Camber sucks. make them get the Camber at .4* or so, both sides.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
toe is fine, Caster sucks (but you need different UCA's to fix that), and the Camber sucks. make them get the Camber at .4* or so, both sides.
Thank you Chris. Thats what I will do then. Would you recommend UCA's or is it still ok to drive the way it is?
Old 05-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #7
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Kevin View Post
Thank you Chris. Thats what I will do then. Would you recommend UCA's or is it still ok to drive the way it is?
i drove with .2* caster for a long time.... camber is what will wear your tires
Old 05-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #8
jeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
jeffvt0508's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoftoys View Post
i drove with .2* caster for a long time.... camber is what will wear your tires
Camber and Toe!
Old 05-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #10
pavement is boring....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffvt0508 View Post
Camber and Toe!
true^ but his toe was ok, i was referencing to his specs printed out.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:40 AM   #12
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Am I looking at possible uneven tire wear from the alignment? Should I bring it to another Sears and have them check it out? Or are these numbers alright?
I could do a better job with some string and an angle finder. Find a better mechanic to do the work. Big thing is that Camber is at ZERO, Caster may need to be sacrificed to attain that, and Toe is at ZERO. Anything less is unacceptable.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:59 AM   #13

Thanks everyone for their help. Im going to go to another Sears and have them check it and realign it.. I wasn't sure if the numbers were so off because of my lift or not. I feel more confident in asking for them to fix it now. I didn't want to complain and find out thats the best I can get because of the lift.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:07 AM   #14
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes. It will drive much better, as the geometry will be corrected. If you want less expensive UCA's, the Light Racing ones are very good.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:03 AM   #15

Wow. Brought it to another sears and they don't even want to look at it. They said they are sure the guy did the best they can get.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #16
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wow. Brought it to another sears and they don't even want to look at it. They said they are sure the guy did the best they can get.
Well then fuck Sears go somewhere else
Old 05-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #18
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
+1, why are you going to Sears?
Go to 4 different Sears shops and you'll get 6 different opinions of what work needs to be done... even if you let all 4 of them "fix" it.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #19

New numbers. Guy agreed to do it but was very reluctant. If the original sears I paid for alignment doesn't issue me a credit or customer satisfaction discount I will no longer continue my automotive business with them

Note: before numbers are not the real before numbers. Guy said he didn't check the before numbers
Attached Thumbnails
Alignment from Sears....-uploadfromtaptalk1369594078096.jpg  
Old 05-26-2013, 11:54 AM   #20

I only use sears for occasional (to lazy to do myself) oil changes, mounting and balancing tires, and alignments. I would never take it there for work other then those 3