1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Which OME Pack do I want?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by raycie, May 26, 2013.

1. May 26, 2013 at 12:31 PM
    raycie

raycie [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oahu, HI
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB / 2016 4R Trail
    In need of $$$
    Time for a new leaf pack.

Non-TSB DCLB (prerunner). Years ago, added a 2" AAL and some timbrens bump stops (for heavier loads).

Read a bunch, and I think for me I'm gonna go OME. I have a truck so I can carry loads.. not much off-loading at all. I do have a snugtop shell, hench needing the AAL.

Wheelers Site has these:

OME CS047 2.75" Lift Dakar Leaf Spring Set: 395.00/pr

D29XL Extra Leaf Set for OME Rear Leaf Springs: 58.00
    Two extra leafs made specifically for the CS047 leaf spring set that raises the spring height by 15mm and increases the spring rate for increased heavy load stability.

If I sit a decent height with a 2" AAL, should I just go with the regular pack? I don't care about going a little higher in the back just in case I raise the front from the current 2" now to a full 3".

2. May 26, 2013 at 12:49 PM
    Xer0 SiN

Xer0 SiN Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hilo, HI
    Vehicle:
    19 TRD SPORT TACOMA / 21 LIMITED RAV4
    this and that...
    with those dakar leafs with the overload. it raised me to 5" in the rear. i have a full icon setup and had to crank my extended travel coilovers all the way to 3.5" to try and minimize the rake. its been about a couple months since i had them and it doesnt seem like it settled much, if any from the day i put them on. i sat my quad in the back to hasten the settling but the leaf pack especially with the overload is very stiff. now that im going drop bracket i would only need to add a 1" block to the rear if i wanted to be at 6", but im gonna throw a 2" block under there so i ca utilize my new icon coilovers to the full potential and lift the truck to 7". in closing, the dakar leafs are worth their investment, if youre looking for that extra lift go with the overload leaf. if your carry heavy loads all the time, youll need the overload leaf, if not, the reglar dakar leaf pack should suit you just fine.

3. May 26, 2013 at 1:22 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Get the regular pack OP

4. May 26, 2013 at 2:34 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi

Products Discussed in

To Top