Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Which OME Pack do I want?

Old 05-26-2013, 12:31 PM   #1
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Which OME Pack do I want?

Time for a new leaf pack.

Non-TSB DCLB (prerunner). Years ago, added a 2" AAL and some timbrens bump stops (for heavier loads).

Read a bunch, and I think for me I'm gonna go OME. I have a truck so I can carry loads.. not much off-loading at all. I do have a snugtop shell, hench needing the AAL.

Wheelers Site has these:

OME CS047 2.75" Lift Dakar Leaf Spring Set: 395.00/pr

D29XL Extra Leaf Set for OME Rear Leaf Springs: 58.00
Two extra leafs made specifically for the CS047 leaf spring set that raises the spring height by 15mm and increases the spring rate for increased heavy load stability.

If I sit a decent height with a 2" AAL, should I just go with the regular pack? I don't care about going a little higher in the back just in case I raise the front from the current 2" now to a full 3".
Old 05-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #2
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

Army: veterans affairs
Xer0 SiN's Tacoma Gallery
with those dakar leafs with the overload. it raised me to 5" in the rear. i have a full icon setup and had to crank my extended travel coilovers all the way to 3.5" to try and minimize the rake. its been about a couple months since i had them and it doesnt seem like it settled much, if any from the day i put them on. i sat my quad in the back to hasten the settling but the leaf pack especially with the overload is very stiff. now that im going drop bracket i would only need to add a 1" block to the rear if i wanted to be at 6", but im gonna throw a 2" block under there so i ca utilize my new icon coilovers to the full potential and lift the truck to 7". in closing, the dakar leafs are worth their investment, if youre looking for that extra lift go with the overload leaf. if your carry heavy loads all the time, youll need the overload leaf, if not, the reglar dakar leaf pack should suit you just fine.