Notices

Toytec lifts?

Old 05-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #1
D3nt is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Fighter Crew Chief
Name: Tyler
D3nt's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec lifts?

Hey all, I'm a new Tacoma owner and I'm wanting to put a 3in lift on my truck. I've got a '13 Off-road DCSB. It's gonna be my DD so I can't go too crazy and I think 3 inches is about as big as I want to go. I'd like to get a bigger set of tires too but probably an all terrain since I'll be driving in winter and I know a mud terrain will do pretty horribly in the snow and ice. I'm looking on toytec and so far I've found this.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Anyone try this kit out? Any better suggestions? I want to wheel it pretty frequently. We've got a lot of muddy trails but there's some rocky stuff as well. I want a well-balanced trail rig.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:28 PM   #2
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
How much are you willing to spend. If you want to wheel a lot I'd go with OME or even better go with mid travel
Old 05-26-2013, 01:31 PM   #3
D3nt's Tacoma Gallery
I'm also considering these coilovers with these rear AALs. Will I need anything else with these or is it as easy as removing the old front shocks/springs and installing the new ones? The AALs should be pretty easy too but is this all the equipment I'll need for the lift?

Old 05-26-2013, 01:32 PM   #4
D3nt's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like to stay as close to 1000 as possible but I want something that'll last and provide a good ride so quality is more important than price. But a good price is a major plus!
Old 05-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #5
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DSully72's Tacoma Gallery
I think 5100s will be good for you. I hear they give a better ride than the OME, you can still do some light wheeling with them (obviously not any rock crawling stuff). But since its your DD, i dont think you want to get into all that. 5100s are a pretty well rounded option.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:39 PM   #6
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uptacoaal.htm

Use these for your aal. The 1.5" 3 leaf progressive
Old 05-26-2013, 01:47 PM   #7
D3nt's Tacoma Gallery
So the front coilovers and the 1.5in AAls are a good route? Will I have to worry about drivers side lean or front diff drop?
Old 05-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3nt View Post
So the front coilovers and the 1.5in AAls are a good route? Will I have to worry about drivers side lean or front diff drop?
you will need rear 5100 shocks as well. but yes, 5100s on all 4s and wheelers AAL is a good route for a cheap quality lift
Old 05-26-2013, 01:55 PM   #9
D3nt's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome I'll probably go that route then. Seems easy and relatively cheap. Thanks for the help!
Old 05-26-2013, 02:51 PM   #10
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a home made set of Toytec Coilovers and I love them. I don't know how comfortable you are with wrenching for building stuff. If you are, check out the first page of my build thread. My coilovers and upper control arms came out to right around $700, if I remember right. Right now, they get me 11" of wheel travel.