Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear 2.0 piggyback Resi Fox Shox HELP!

Old 05-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #1
UTMOST is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
UTMOST's Tacoma Gallery
Rear 2.0 piggyback Resi Fox Shox HELP!

Just installed some rear 2.0 Fox Piggyback shocks on my truck. Did not add any type of lift to the rear so it is still stock. For some reason my rear bottom's out way to quick and harsh when going through a simple sewer drain gutter, but the suspension feels stiff when going over speed bumps for example? hard to explain but something obviously isn't right?

Fox part # 980-02-372-A

Any help is appreciated thanks!
Old 05-28-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like you are slamming the bump stops and have some worn out springs.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:31 AM   #3

UTMOST's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntilehman View Post
Sounds like you are slamming the bump stops and have some worn out springs.
That's what I'm thinkin. But with these shocks i cant add any lift to it. is there a leaf pack anyone makes for stock ride height but handle better?
Old 05-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #4
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Get in touch with OMD(doug). His name on here is 4WD. He makes refurbished packs to any spec that you want for a great price. I need to have him do some for me I just havent had the time. My leafs bottom out with nothing in the truck. You can lift an inch with those shock, I think.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:02 PM   #5

UTMOST's Tacoma Gallery
so if I can lift an inch, what options do I have because I dont see many??
Old 05-29-2013, 07:04 AM   #7
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Dude he told you, hit up OMD or do a search for leaves that are OEM or +1" over stock. Your leafs are dead...good job on new shocks...but those are just going to die out quicker if your leafs aren't stopping anything.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:06 AM   #8
HIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Angel
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
You could also try hitting up Downsouth motorsports. Those guys are pretty knowledgable about this stuff. My guess is being you didn't get a AAL or leaf pack the shock is already compressed more than its supposed to at level height. Then once you go over a bump it has less space to compress till it bottoms outs. Don't know if that makes sense or not.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:25 AM   #9

UTMOST's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
Dude he told you, hit up OMD or do a search for leaves that are OEM or +1" over stock. Your leafs are dead...good job on new shocks...but those are just going to die out quicker if your leafs aren't stopping anything.
Yeah Leafs are definitely dead. I have searched and havn't found much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIYota View Post
You could also try hitting up Downsouth motorsports. Those guys are pretty knowledgable about this stuff. My guess is being you didn't get a AAL or leaf pack the shock is already compressed more than its supposed to at level height. Then once you go over a bump it has less space to compress till it bottoms outs. Don't know if that makes sense or not.
I think you just explained it perfectly lol. I gotta get new leafs asap just trying to find some
Old 05-29-2013, 07:27 AM   #10
Send a PM to 4WD and talk to him about it like I said. He builds custom pack to suit your needs. Or find someone that has a relatively new oem pack and stick an AAL in it.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:51 PM   #11
cccrockettt is on a distinguished road
Name: David
cccrockettt's Tacoma Gallery
If your truck still has a warranty left take it to your dealer and ask for the TSB leaf pack replacement. Should give around 1' lift and be free with warranty.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:24 PM   #12
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Holy thread revival, Batman
Old 03-06-2014, 08:50 AM   #13

UTMOST's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
Holy thread revival, Batman
haha serious. Got a AAL and still bottomed out. I'm thinking its the shock but got over it
Old 03-11-2014, 07:50 PM   #14
boto is just really niceboto is just really niceboto is just really niceboto is just really niceboto is just really nice

Name: Philip
boto's Tacoma Gallery
deffinitivly your shocks i change mine cause my bilstein 5100 were dead