Carrier Bearing Drop Bracket

Old 05-29-2013, 08:02 AM   #1
VolsGuy is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Joel
VolsGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Carrier Bearing Drop Bracket

Hello all!

I've got the typical off-the-line shudder up to about 15 mph, where it disappears. I've installed the OME CB drop kit, to no avail.
I've also got the axle shims installed. I'm now looking into the Streetacos 1.5" CB drop bracket. So far, I've seen only one gentleman it didn't wok for. Is there anyone else out there who didn't see vibration improvement from this bracket?

Thanks!

'13 TRD off-Road DCSB
3" Toytec Coils w/AAL
Old 05-29-2013, 11:02 AM   #2
VolsGuy is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Joel
VolsGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Just spoke with Brian of www.streetacos.com. Seems like he's got a great business going...and quite a bit of job security for those of us with lifts. Going to put my order in today...wish me luck!
Old 05-29-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
coseng is on a distinguished road
coseng's Tacoma Gallery
I have Dakar rear springs, three degree shim, and beefed drop bracket. I am 95% vibe free. I still get a vibration when cresting a hill and leaving off the throttle. It happens when the drive shaft goes from being loaded uphill then has a brief moment of slack before being loaded going downhill. The vibe occurs when the driveline is slack.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:11 AM   #4
661prerunner has a spectacular aura about661prerunner has a spectacular aura about

661prerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I recent bought a ST drop bracket and installed it with a bad carrier bearing. I still felt less vibrations despite the bad bearing. I was very surprised. I still have yet to drive my truck with a good bearing since its still at the shop. But I imagine it will be better
Old 05-30-2013, 05:06 AM   #5
jrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Scott
jrzyshore's Tacoma Gallery
I have had mine for over a year and it took care of the shudder and most of the vibs. I still have a very slight vib at 25mph but you really can't feel it with the tires. Over all great product.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:56 PM   #6
Taco Noob
joelt has a spectacular aura aboutjoelt has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Joey
joelt's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got the kit from Brian...shudder GONE!
Old 02-21-2014, 01:42 PM   #8
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bw4706 View Post
Just had my toytech bilstein 5100 lift with 2" AAL's installed. I have the slightest vibration at take off only. Just ordered the 1 1/2 carrier bearing drop bracket from street taco. Hope it solves my problem.
bw4706 did it solve your vibs?
Old 07-30-2014, 05:21 PM   #9
The Anti-Bling
TheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Theo
TheosTaco's Tacoma Gallery
What happened?

Vibes gone now?
Old 07-30-2014, 06:44 PM   #10
lsutiger1 is just really nicelsutiger1 is just really nicelsutiger1 is just really nicelsutiger1 is just really nice

lsutiger1's Tacoma Gallery
I installed the ome carrier bearing drop kit and mine are gone! Guess all trucks are different!
Old 08-21-2014, 08:31 PM   #11
The Anti-Bling
TheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I just installed my OME Carrier Bearing Drop. What do you torque the bolts to?
Old 08-22-2014, 11:52 AM   #12
lsutiger1 is just really nicelsutiger1 is just really nicelsutiger1 is just really nicelsutiger1 is just really nice

27 lbs
Old 08-22-2014, 11:59 AM   #13

On the second Gen forum there is a sticky that has all the torque values.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:40 PM   #14
The Anti-Bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsutiger1 View Post
27 lbs
Quote:
On the second Gen forum there is a sticky that has all the torque values.
Thank you
Old 08-23-2014, 05:35 AM   #15
williams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: chili
williams63's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I installed the ome carrier bearing drop kit and mine are gone! Guess all trucks are different!

did you put axle shims in also or just the ome cb drop? I have the wheelers 3leaf like you with the overload in. slight shutter at take off. put the ome cb drop in and made it worse.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:20 AM   #16

No just the ome cb drop.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:17 AM   #17
The Anti-Bling

I think I might need Axle Shims but want the kind that doesn't require pulling out the Center Pin.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:29 AM   #18
RosenbeD is on a distinguished road

Name: Dave
RosenbeD's Tacoma Gallery
I am reaching out to you guys that have done this and for your advice. I have 2014 with Bilsteins set at 1.75 and a 1.5 AAL with overload left out in the rear. My vibes are between 25-45mph. When I look at the drive shaft it looks level and straight. So with my small lift I am trying to decide whether to try OME drop kit which seems cheap but the right amount of drop or do I go with Street Taco bracket which is beefy yet might be too much at 1.5 in drop???
Old 10-03-2014, 06:53 PM   #19
parkp81 has a spectacular aura aboutparkp81 has a spectacular aura aboutparkp81 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Fil
parkp81's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosenbeD View Post
I am reaching out to you guys that have done this and for your advice. I have 2014 with Bilsteins set at 1.75 and a 1.5 AAL with overload left out in the rear. My vibes are between 25-45mph. When I look at the drive shaft it looks level and straight. So with my small lift I am trying to decide whether to try OME drop kit which seems cheap but the right amount of drop or do I go with Street Taco bracket which is beefy yet might be too much at 1.5 in drop???
I dropped mine using 10mm washers (not the thin fender washers, they have ones that are the same width, but thicker). I dropped mine starting at 1/4" and added a washer until I reached 5/8" worth of washers and the vibe is pretty much gone. I may add one more washer, but right now its good.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:11 AM   #20
RosenbeD is on a distinguished road

Name: Dave
RosenbeD's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the advice. I decided to first try OME kit since it is inexpensive at only $12.99. Based on your success with washers I think the OME will work fine. I will report back after install.