Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

UCA"s questions

Old 05-29-2013, 12:22 PM   #1
knotty has a spectacular aura aboutknotty has a spectacular aura about
Name: John
knotty's Tacoma Gallery
UCA"s questions

I know this may sound like a dumb question but i cant find a answer an i have been looking for hrs ... what is the benefits of doing uca apposed to stock ones ? what are the difference in the uca, ie. length, more adjustable??

thanks for your time !
Old 05-29-2013, 12:32 PM   #2
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
There isn't really any great benefit to them if you are running stock suspension. If you swap out your suspension to something that lifts the truck hence altering the geometry of your front end, a more adjustable uca will allow you to obtain better steering/wheel alignment. In addition, some uca's have less articulation than the stock version and are less likely to interfere with the tire size increases that typically come hand in hand with lifting
Old 05-29-2013, 12:44 PM   #3
knotty's Tacoma Gallery
ok well i am running 5100's and planning on going with ome 886 springs since i have an arb bumper and going to be throwing in a winch but i want to run 285's should i run uca also ?
Old 05-29-2013, 12:48 PM   #5
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by knotty View Post
ok well i am running 5100's and planning on going with ome 886 springs since i have an arb bumper and going to be throwing in a winch but i want to run 285's should i run uca also ?
I would if I were you, but this is a topic that has been debated endlessly on this site. Some guys are happy with their alignment on stock uca's, some aren't. I wasn't. I prefer my truck to track effortlessly when rolling down the highway.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:07 PM   #6
knotty's Tacoma Gallery
ok .. how do new uca make it track better ? are they adjustable ? where the stock ones are not ?
Old 05-29-2013, 01:10 PM   #7
Bush Pusher

Quote:
ok .. how do new uca make it track better ? are they adjustable ? where the stock ones are not ?
yes indeed. With the stock uca's, the tech will be forced to play and balance off the caster and camber as best as he can. With a uca such as SPC's light racing, the tech can set the toe and the camber to how he wants it then set the Camber from the uca. It allows you to get a perfect alignment.

Your Caster will determine how well your truck tracks. When you lift the truck, the camber increases and caster decreases. It is important to regain the losses. The uca's help this
Old 05-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #8
TacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
TacoBurrito07's Tacoma Gallery
I thought you couldnt run 5100s with the 886s?? only up to 885s??
Old 05-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #9
Bush Pusher

Old 05-29-2013, 01:21 PM   #10
knotty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBurrito07 View Post
I thought you couldnt run 5100s with the 886s?? only up to 885s??

well with the added weight with the arb bumper and winch and i want to get the 3 inch lift also im going to try it and see what happens!!! whats the worst that can happen ?
Old 05-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #11
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well with the added weight with the arb bumper and winch and i want to get the 3 inch lift also im going to try it and see what happens!!! whats the worst that can happen ?
Why not get the shocks that were designed to go with those coils ?
Old 05-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #12
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

you kill a family on the road when your suspension blows apart on the highway and you careen into a apposing lane.

Don't worry no one will know that you could of cared less...after all this is just the web
Old 05-29-2013, 01:33 PM   #13
knotty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
you kill a family on the road when your suspension blows apart on the highway and you careen into a apposing lane.

Don't worry no one will know that you could of cared less...after all this is just the web

yeah that could happen with a tire blow out too !! i just don't see how the suspension could just blow apart !
Old 05-29-2013, 01:33 PM   #14
knotty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Why not get the shocks that were designed to go with those coils ?

what shocks would those be ?
Old 05-29-2013, 01:37 PM   #15
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah that could happen with a tire blow out too !! i just don't see how the suspension could just blow apart !

maybe you should look into how the shocks blow apart before you state such things

and I'm no lawyer but last I checked a blow out is not even close to the same the same as negligence
Old 05-29-2013, 01:38 PM   #16
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
what shocks would those be ?
OME shocks like the 90000's

ARB makes OME products , the OME 886 coils are designed to work with the ARB bumper , the OME 90000 shocks are designed to work with the 886 coils
Old 05-29-2013, 01:55 PM   #17
Bush Pusher

Quote:

you sure have a way of making a point
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
OME shocks like the 90000's

ARB makes OME products , the OME 886 coils are designed to work with the ARB bumper , the OME 90000 shocks are designed to work with the 886 coils
I would do this too.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:46 PM   #18
knotty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
maybe you should look into how the shocks blow apart before you state such things

and I'm no lawyer but last I checked a blow out is not even close to the same the same as negligence

ome 90000
  • Open length is 543mm
  • Closed length is 413mm
5100's
Collapsed Length (MM): 432.5
*Extended Length (MM): 573

i dont see how the 5100 will "blow apart" sense they are a longer shock the only thing i see as a poss fail is the c clip ...
Old 05-30-2013, 11:27 AM   #19
cdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant future

Name: Clint
cdj1's Tacoma Gallery
Look through some of the pictures in the "Stuck" section of this forum. It will suprise you what and how some of these struts break! Check out post #45
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...-see-em-3.html
Old 05-30-2013, 11:32 AM   #20
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
if nothing else the valving won't match the spring. I added a turn on my coilovers and the valving felt un-tuned and i put it back to factory in 2 days. why pass up on a tuned package?