Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

ride differences in OME dakar and flattened out Stockers

Old 02-23-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
The Not So New guy
ComaTosin has a spectacular aura aboutComaTosin has a spectacular aura aboutComaTosin has a spectacular aura about

Name: Drew
ComaTosin's Tacoma Gallery
ride differences in OME dakar and flattened out Stockers

as we know by now - I have 2" blocks under my non TSB rear leaf springs. they are flattened out - completely. What differences would i notice in ride if i changed to the Dakar springs? I would like something that rides smoother and soaks up the bumps a bit more. Is the fact that these are flat inhibit them from performing entirely? or can they still perform by creating a negative arch?
thanks.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:18 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
The springs on the Tacoma are pretty close to being flat. Give better flex off road. If you swap out to the Dakar springs, it would be a little more firm on the raod, and depending on the shocks you used, it would handel better off road.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:16 PM   #3
The Not So New guy
ComaTosin has a spectacular aura aboutComaTosin has a spectacular aura aboutComaTosin has a spectacular aura about

that is what i was htinking. I hoped to get something that was a bit more cushy on the road - that would be Alcan i guess but i also want to be able to haul the bike with more stability.
I guess I can not have it all. decisions decisions......
Old 02-23-2009, 06:50 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaTosin View Post
that is what i was htinking. I hoped to get something that was a bit more cushy on the road - that would be Alcan i guess but i also want to be able to haul the bike with more stability.
I guess I can not have it all. decisions decisions......
Alcans are going to be the same as the Dakars.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:56 PM   #5
The Not So New guy

thought they provided a softer ride but decreased ability to haul......
Old 02-23-2009, 06:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaTosin View Post
thought they provided a softer ride but decreased ability to haul......
They decrease the ability to haul because they eliminate the overload leaf. That lets them flex a little more when off roading.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:14 PM   #7
The Not So New guy

you think dakars with proper OME shocks would be an improved ride over flat springs/block and over extended TD Billy's? Trying to figure out what to expect for the money. i am okay with spending the money but only if it will be noticable improved. I am only moderately impressed with the difference in the toytec C/O and TC UCA compared to the daystar Urethane spacer. Goes without saying that I am only intown right now - no off roading since the new components in the front.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:20 PM   #8

I think it would be.