Notices

Creaking shock

Old 06-04-2013, 03:13 AM   #1
krause is on a distinguished road

Navy: Petty Officer 3rd class
Name: Matt
krause's Tacoma Gallery
Post Creaking shock

My front left shock on my '11 Taco has a pretty bad creak in it when I slowly climb something, or when it flexes in general. This problem is only occasional, but when it does creak, it's pretty bad. I talked to a guy at advanced auto parts, here in Norfolk, and he suggested some lithium grease. I've tried it, several times in fact, to no avail. Any suggestions?
Old 06-04-2013, 03:19 AM   #2
cdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant future

Name: Clint
cdj1's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a good time to scrap the spacer lift and put an OME lift on it.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:34 AM   #3
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Spacers are hard on shocks. Probably need a new shock.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:31 AM   #4
Busting hymens since 2014
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Post a video of the creaking.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:22 AM   #5
krause is on a distinguished road

Navy: Petty Officer 3rd class
Name: Matt
krause's Tacoma Gallery
There's a few problems I have right now with modifying the suspension:
1. Money
2. Time
3. Space
4. My wife

Also, the creaking is so unpredictable, it's hard to take a video of it. It really sounds to me like the piston is rubbing on the housing, or the gasket to the casing has something lodged in it maybe. Not entirely sure. But I'll probably leave it alone til I get my house and do the full suspension swap I'm planning on doing some time in the near future. Just was wondering if anyone could offer up some advice on how to fix it maybe, or know what it was in general. Thanks everyone!