Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Can't decide lift ome or spindles?

Old 06-04-2013, 06:28 AM   #1
spencer00si has a spectacular aura aboutspencer00si has a spectacular aura about
spencer00si's Tacoma Gallery
Can't decide lift ome or spindles?

Hi everyone, I am having a hard time deciding how to lift the front of my prerunner. I am deciding between ome 885 springs, shocks, and the top spacer to get the full 3". Or the maxtrac spindles and leave everything else stock.

After the research it seems spindles are the way to go, however all the pics I see on here seems it makes the front wheels stick out a lot, I'm not sure about that, it looks funny in some pictures to me.

Or should I stick to the ome lift which don't change the amount the wheel sticks out, but it seems it throws off the front geometry.

Any help or input to help me decide would be great.
I have a double cab long bed, I already purchases the wheels and tires just need to now figure out the lift.

Btw I bought 18x9 helo maxx wheels 4.53 bs -12mm off, and 285/65/18 nitto trail grappler tires
Old 06-04-2013, 06:36 AM   #2
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
spindles, you hardly notice the front wheel sticking out unless you actually look for it.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:39 AM   #3
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer00si View Post
Hi everyone, I am having a hard time deciding how to lift the front of my prerunner. I am deciding between ome 885 springs, shocks, and the top spacer to get the full 3". Or the maxtrac spindles and leave everything else stock.

After the research it seems spindles are the way to go, however all the pics I see on here seems it makes the front wheels stick out a lot, I'm not sure about that, it looks funny in some pictures to me.

Or should I stick to the ome lift which don't change the amount the wheel sticks out, but it seems it throws off the front geometry.

Any help or input to help me decide would be great.
I have a double cab long bed, I already purchases the wheels and tires just need to now figure out the lift.

Btw I bought 18x9 helo maxx wheels 4.53 bs -12mm off, and 285/65/18 nitto trail grappler tires
That is the reason I didn't go with spindles is having the front wheels sticking out then having to put spacers on the back wheels to even things out. But you'll be happer with the 4" of lift from the spindles and you will also maintain the factory ride and tie rod angles.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:57 AM   #4
spencer00si has a spectacular aura aboutspencer00si has a spectacular aura about
pics

ok so i mounted the wheels on my truck, i am seriously leaning towards the ome 885, i think if i were to go with the spindles which will kick the wheels out another 3/4" it would be too much, what do you all think?

Old 06-05-2013, 08:59 AM   #5
simulated lift

here are som shots using the jack to simulate 3" of lift

Old 09-03-2013, 06:05 AM   #6
The Past Through Tomorrow
JohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny
JohnnyWayne's Tacoma Gallery
OP, what did you end up going with? I am looking into the same things myself and any feedback you may have would be cool
Old 09-05-2013, 03:41 PM   #7
I actually ended up the the maxtrac spindles and an aal for now.
I still want to get the front a little higher probably going to get some billies and set them to .85 to get rid of the rubbing. And maybe add a 1.5 bock in the rear or just get a whole new pack.

I'll post some pics up when I get a chance
Old 09-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #8
Here's some quick pictures, not the best but you get the point

Old 09-10-2013, 04:20 AM   #9
The Past Through Tomorrow
JohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny
JohnnyWayne's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks much for the info