LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Squeaky leaf springs

Old 09-06-2007, 09:57 AM   #1
Mudbug is on a distinguished road

Mudbug's Tacoma Gallery
Squeaky leaf springs

So my driver side rear leaf spring has been squeaking for a while now everytime I get in or out of the truck or go over a bump....Its probably just dirt inbetween the leaves and I was thinking about just taking it all apart and installing some anti squeak shims....but then I decided i'd take advantage of my warranty and took it in.
They are replacing both rear leaf springs and both rear shocks. They don't come in until tomorrow though. Getting new shocks out of the deal. Not that it needs them it only has 13k on it.

Anybody else had this problem? I know about the TSB on the three leaves but it doesn't apply to the regular cab.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:54 AM   #2
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudbug View Post
So my driver side rear leaf spring has been squeaking for a while now everytime I get in or out of the truck or go over a bump....Its probably just dirt inbetween the leaves and I was thinking about just taking it all apart and installing some anti squeak shims....but then I decided i'd take advantage of my warranty and took it in.
They are replacing both rear leaf springs and both rear shocks. They don't come in until tomorrow though. Getting new shocks out of the deal. Not that it needs them it only has 13k on it.

Anybody else had this problem? I know about the TSB on the three leaves but it doesn't apply to the regular cab.
Maybe I should get mine to start squeaking.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:56 PM   #3
reid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

reid's Tacoma Gallery
It is always nice to hear about someone getting work done by Toyota for free. We spend a lot of money on our trucks, if something is wrong they should fix it.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:00 PM   #4
Mudbug is on a distinguished road

Mudbug's Tacoma Gallery
Well I just got Mudbug back. It doesn't squeak anymore! Its weird stepping out of the cab and not hearing a "crreeaaak" haha.

So nobody else has had this issue? I'm just hoping it was just the set that was on it and not all of them because if thats the case I still have the same part number, just new ones.