1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Squeaky leaf springs

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Mudbug, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Sep 6, 2007 at 9:57 AM
    Mudbug

Mudbug [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Amsoil 0w-20 engine oil and Amsoil Full synthetic 75w-90 in the Transmission, transfer case, front and rear Differentials. AFE Cold Air Intake
    So my driver side rear leaf spring has been squeaking for a while now everytime I get in or out of the truck or go over a bump....Its probably just dirt inbetween the leaves and I was thinking about just taking it all apart and installing some anti squeak shims....but then I decided i'd take advantage of my warranty and took it in.
    They are replacing both rear leaf springs and both rear shocks. They don't come in until tomorrow though. Getting new shocks out of the deal. Not that it needs them it only has 13k on it.

Anybody else had this problem? I know about the TSB on the three leaves but it doesn't apply to the regular cab.

2. Sep 6, 2007 at 10:54 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    Maybe I should get mine to start squeaking. :devil:

3. Sep 6, 2007 at 8:56 PM
    reid

reid Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    2007 V6 Access Cab
    Magna Flow stainless cat-back, 3" Toytec Lift, 32" Mickey Thompsons
    It is always nice to hear about someone getting work done by Toyota for free. We spend a lot of money on our trucks, if something is wrong they should fix it.

4. Sep 7, 2007 at 12:00 PM
    Mudbug

Mudbug [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Amsoil 0w-20 engine oil and Amsoil Full synthetic 75w-90 in the Transmission, transfer case, front and rear Differentials. AFE Cold Air Intake
    Well I just got Mudbug back. It doesn't squeak anymore! Its weird stepping out of the cab and not hearing a "crreeaaak" haha.

So nobody else has had this issue? I'm just hoping it was just the set that was on it and not all of them because if thats the case I still have the same part number, just new ones.

Products Discussed in

To Top