Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Can you lower a 6-inch Fabtech?

Old 06-04-2013, 06:58 PM   #1
Tpreston06 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
Tpreston06's Tacoma Gallery
Can you lower a 6-inch Fabtech?

I have an 03 ex. cab with a 6- inch Fabtech lift. This might be a dumb question, but i am pretty new to all of this. Is there any way to lower a 6-inch lift down to maybe a 4 inch lift without just buying a completely new lift kit?
Old 06-04-2013, 07:05 PM   #2
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to TW! hopefully someone should be along shortly to answer your question
Old 06-04-2013, 07:06 PM   #3
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Should be interesting since I suppose it's a DB lift.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #4
Excuse my newbness.. but what do you mean by "DB" lift?
Old 06-04-2013, 07:09 PM   #5
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
"drop bracket"
Old 06-04-2013, 07:11 PM   #7
Alright. The only way that i have found that would be possible is to just get a whole new lift, but im not trying to spend another $2,000 for that! Does it matter the the crossmember had to be cut inorder to install the 6 inch?
Old 06-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #8
http://images.craigslist.org/3Ib3Me3...7631651431.jpg

This is the picture from the craigslist ad. I literally just went and looked at it last weekend and bought it today. Ill be able to take more pictures when i get home this weekend from college,( had my parents pick up the truck from the guy for me)
Old 06-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #9
http://images.craigslist.org/3Le3M13...3c94201f68.jpg
Old 06-04-2013, 07:16 PM   #10
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking truck man!
Old 06-04-2013, 07:18 PM   #11
Thanks, I bought it because it is really mechanically sound truck with only 113,xxx miles on it. but i just feel like the 6 inch lift is a little overkill, i really like the look of the 4 inch
Old 06-04-2013, 07:21 PM   #12
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Problem with DB is most require removal of the crossmember. It's usually not economically feasible to reverse this lift.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #13
so I would have to pay to replace the crossmember and buy a four inch lift?
Old 06-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #14
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah you're gonna have to drop some serious coin in order to reverse this
Old 06-04-2013, 10:30 PM   #15
Well since were all here anyways, do any of you know how 33s look on a 6 inch lift? im trying to decide between keeping the 35s or dropping to 33s. Im not going to be doing alot of offroad as this is my daily driver and being a college student i dont havemuch money for repairs
Old 06-04-2013, 10:35 PM   #16
Talk slow, shoot fast.
DirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
DirtyDTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpreston06 View Post
Well since were all here anyways, do any of you know how 33s look on a 6 inch lift? im trying to decide between keeping the 35s or dropping to 33s. Im not going to be doing alot of offroad as this is my daily driver and being a college student i dont havemuch money for repairs
Dang that's a nice looking truck. 35's probably drink gas but look cool, and 33's might look a little small but probably better for power, fuel economy, and cv axles too for that matter. depends on your priorities. But welcome to TW and congrats on the truck!
Old 06-04-2013, 10:38 PM   #17
sounds good! thank you for the help, im excited to be part of it!
Old 06-04-2013, 11:04 PM   #18
HaoleBilt
elsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave Smith
elsenordave's Tacoma Gallery
A popular look here in Hawaii is a 29" swamper on a 15x10...it looks good as is...
Old 06-04-2013, 11:11 PM   #19
Sigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Sigi
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
Before you drop to 33's find out if it was regeared for 35's.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:12 PM   #20
Talk slow, shoot fast.
DirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
DirtyDTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
Before you drop to 33's find out if it was regeared for 35's.
This^^^ x2