Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Baja Vs Pro Comp

View Poll Results: Baja TX vs Pro Comp
Baja TX 60 82.19%
Pro Comp (6"suspension lift, 17" alloy wheels, 33"tires,custom grille, side step bars) 13 17.81%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-08-2013, 07:09 PM   #21
wolverine768 is on a distinguished road

wolverine768's Tacoma Gallery
Get the BAJA if you want to keep it simple. You want to cook your own go with the pro comp. Mileage will probably be a lot worse with 33" and maybe sluggish. I got the baja and its great(obviously biased). As a daily driver, who needs the potential headaches of aftermarket suspension. I was all set to do trd offroad with a set of icons and then someone mentioned rebuilding shocks. I thought about waiting while shocks got rebuilt and cost to do it, and having no truck to drive. granted its in like 30k miles, but what a headache. Not to mention all the potential problems modding. Loaded taco is running winch, plate bumper, skids, and sliders and he lost .25 in front. Sounds like easy decision to me. Thats why I made it. FYI you should be able to nail down a dc baja pro without entune and WITH tow for like $33500 and one w entune for $35,500. Check Cars.com and autotrader for best prices and then take that to your local dealer to bargain. And go at the end of the month! FYI nothing is going to be perfect, pick your most important feature. Mine was reliability!
Old 06-08-2013, 07:16 PM   #22
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
I get 17.4 mpg with 33's and not sluggish at all.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #23

WOW thats pretty good! how much of that is hwy miles? Cause I am lucky to get 16 mpg. Did you regear?
Old 06-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #24
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribby95 View Post
That's just what the Dealer Puts on, they send the truck down to Indianapolis, where an off road company installs it. The dealer then tacks on 100% markup.
Fixed it for you. Seriously, the pre-modded trucks from dealers are a ripoff.

Better off buying a stock TRD Offroad, spend $2500 on the Icon stage 3T kit, and pay a local shop to install it all. You get better components than the Baja trim this way.

http://trdparts4u.toyotaofdallas.com...dproduct=-9323

Old 06-10-2013, 10:39 AM   #25
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribby95 View Post
The one im looking at is a black 2013 double cab Baja. Only problem is it doesn't have a towing package or ntune, but I could have a towing package installed and install a lot better sound equipment its running around $35k
DO NOT pay $35k without tow pkg.. $34k is about right for one with tow pkg. and no tubes. I would say without the tow $33.5k.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:58 AM   #26
ribby95 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Enlisted
ribby95's Tacoma Gallery
So the vibe I'm getting is to install an aftermarket suspension after the warranty is up? I found a TRD Sport that is priced at 32,000. You guys think I could get the dealer around 29,000, or what tactics should I use? Thanks!
Old 06-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #27
GhostDog86 will become famous soon enough

Name: Max
GhostDog86's Tacoma Gallery
IMO 6" vs 3" just do what you want, everyone here is so biased you will go crazy trying find the right answer.

As far as the warranty- On my taco I have a 3" and it's good for what I want it for. Since 10k it's been lifted with no problems with the way I drive. Have 22k on it.

On my f150 it has 6" drop bracket and 35's since 15k, aside from replacing some worn steering arms around 85k and a few torn boots from brush I have had no problems until recently 120k with a leaking trans gasket.

I would rather lift when I have the warranty that way in case something catastrophic happens I would have the chance to return it to stock and get the repairs covered by warranty.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:00 AM   #28
ribby95's Tacoma Gallery
Found a baja

Found a Barcelona red baja a couple states over. Doesn't have ntune or jbl package. Their asking 34531, what you guys think?
Old 06-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #29
ribby95's Tacoma Gallery
Purchased a Barcelona Red Tacoma Baja TX from Denver, Colorado. Installing some step bars, and some other small things when it arrives next week. Hope to have pictures up with all the extras I install over the next year or two. Thanks for all the input, and heads up. Really appreciate all the advice! Thanks Again!
Old 06-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #30

Awesome! What did u pay
Old 06-19-2013, 07:40 AM   #31
EATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mark
EATABULLETcom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Fixed it for you. Seriously, the pre-modded trucks from dealers are a ripoff.

Better off buying a stock TRD Offroad, spend $2500 on the Icon stage 3T kit, and pay a local shop to install it all. You get better components than the Baja trim this way.

http://trdparts4u.toyotaofdallas.com...dproduct=-9323

this is your best bet!
Old 06-19-2013, 07:54 AM   #32
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
If you decide to go the db lift route there are some nice ones out there to include the procomp. You can look at the rcd, zone, bds, fabtech etc. Just build the truck the way that you plan on using it. I have had several db lifts and never had any problems.

Def don't wait till your warranty is up to lift your truck. If you lift it when you get it new you can sell some of the stock parts off it to offset the cost of your new lift whichever way you decide to go 3 or 6".
Old 06-20-2013, 10:27 AM   #33
ribby95's Tacoma Gallery
$34,351 is what we got them down to. It has everything but the Ntune. I plan on installing my own HU and Speakers when I rack up the extra cash. Have oem running boards installed, and should have the truck next week! (Fingers crossed)
Old 07-30-2013, 09:12 PM   #34
skiwaves8 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
skiwaves8's Tacoma Gallery
The dealer who told you your warranty would still be good with a 6in lift is lying to you!They might fix a suspension related problem once but after that they will nail you!!