Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Getting ready to pull the trigger on my lift

Old 06-05-2013, 06:44 PM   #1
motionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
motionridr8's Tacoma Gallery
Getting ready to pull the trigger on my lift

Alright, so I've done my research here and on the web and think I've finalized my lift. The last thing I need is blessing from the TW community so please let me know what you think of my plan! Suggestions, comments, criticisms, etc. are all welcome!

Truck: 2012 Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab Short Bed V6 Auto, TRD Sport Package

Goals and Purpose: approx. 3" lift for mild offroad use (I live in NH so some wooded trails, mud, and rocks; nothing extreme)

Planned Build:
Tires- General Grabber AT2 265/70/R17 on OEM Sport alloys
Exhaust- TRD Catback
Intake- aFe Dry Air Filter
Suspension- Bilstein 5100s, OME 885s, Toytec 1/4" front trim spacer, Light Racing UCA's, Icon 3 Leaf Progressive AAL (leaving factory overload installed)
Armor- 3/16" steel Relentless skids (full set, approx. 135lbs.)
Bumpers- OEM

Total budget is $3k for everything above.

Thoughts? Anything I'm missing?

Thanks!!!
Old 06-05-2013, 06:53 PM   #3
motionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Won't 285's rub? And part of the reason for the skids is to be a deterrent of catalytic converter theft. Which sliders would you recommend? Cost?
Old 06-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #4

No other thoughts?
Old 06-06-2013, 09:35 AM   #5
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
You will probably have to do some mild trimming for 285's as for sliders they are IMHO the best piece of armor to buy for our trucks. The approach angle on these trucks are good so with careful lines bumpers are not a necessity. That goes for skids too they help but careful lines will minimize the chance of damage.

Also right now BAMF is doing another big groupbuy. And his sliders are 30% off. I have a set and love them.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:43 AM   #6

Sounds good. I'll check into the banf skids now! Other than that the rest looks good?
Old 06-06-2013, 03:25 PM   #7

well, pulled the trigger and ordered it all. Just waiting for the Relentless group buy for the skids. I'll post pics before and after!