Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

combo spacer lift?

Old 06-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #1
wadmedl is on a distinguished road
wadmedl's Tacoma Gallery
combo spacer lift?

Im new to posting here but have been reading this site for years. lots of good info but getting very confusing. I have an 07 double cab long bed trd sport (3 rear leaf),not TSB. Wanting to lift/level front end and if possible leave the rear stock and put air bags for towing. I rarely go off road and only use 4WD in snow and light mud. Want to put larger tires and make stance look better basically.
Who has a combo spacer lift and how do you like it? I found where I could get 1.25" coil spacer and 1" top plate spacer. My thinking was that it wouldnt ride too much stiffer and the down travel wouldnt be hurt too much either with this combo.
My budget is basically the least amount I need to spend up to $600-700. I dont want to go so tall that UCA's are needed. just a basic lift level or close to level for a truck that mostly stays on the road. Isnt the 5100 basically the same thing as this combo but adjustable?
Also does anyone live in Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Arkansas ,or Panhandle of Florida that has a lift 3" or under that would let me look at the truck in person? I travel for a living and really would like to see what Im doing before I do it!
Old 06-05-2013, 09:55 PM   #2
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Stick with the Bilstein 5100's. Do NOT get the spacer lift let alone stack spacers and think they will ride the same as Bilstein 5100's:
http://www.bilsteinus.com/fileadmin/...WebArticle.pdf
Old 06-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #3
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
Stick with the Bilstein 5100's. Do NOT get the spacer lift let alone stack spacers and think they will ride the same as Bilstein 5100's:
x10000000000000000
Old 06-05-2013, 09:57 PM   #4
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs.
LukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: luke
LukeBo4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
x2 the ride will be SOOOO much better with the 5100's