Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear drivers side "lean"?

Old 06-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #1
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
Rear drivers side "lean"?

2001 3.4 DC/SB SR5 TRD
I have the Bilstein 5100 adjustable with EIBACH coils up front. OME Dakar leaf packs with 5125s in the rear.

Does anyone have a rear driver side lean? It's about .5" difference from the rear passenger side.

When I installed the new leaf packs they are side specific (A= driver, B= passenger) but after about 3 weeks I'm guessing things have settled a bit and now I notice a slight rear driver side lean. After measuring on flat surface it's about .5" higher on rear passenger side.

What are my options to fix this?
-Only 1 longer shackle on driver side?
-Shim?? (Are shims similar to blocks?)

I was wanting to do longer shackles before noticing the lean. Can I have them custom mad and have the drivers side made a little longer?

Thanks for the help!

Side note: up front seems to be as level as it can be. No issues there, I'm glad because I didn't want to add any spacers, trim packers, etc...
Old 06-09-2013, 11:29 PM   #2
uncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Arty
uncleART's Tacoma Gallery
Did you have any resolution? I just installed my Toytec ULK a week ago and I have a 1/2" lean, with the drivers coil over cranked up a little more. I removed my Dakars today and found that the passenger side had more arch in it, so I swapped them. This helped a little, but I still don't know what to do. I'm going to call ToyTec tomorrow.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:10 AM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
It's a known toyota phenomenon.

The front coils on those trucks are also side specific.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-specific.html

Most aftermarket coils are not side specific. OME coils/struts will often offer a trim packer to raise the coil to level the truck. Since you have the 5100's - You can adjust those to compensate.

Yes, if you raise up the front, can pitch the rear....
Old 06-10-2013, 06:19 AM   #4
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
How much fuel is in your tank when you measured the rear?
Old 06-10-2013, 09:02 AM   #6
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
That's over 100lbs
Old 06-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #8
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
I'll do the same one the tank is low. I'm at half a tank right now. today i really noticed the rear drivers side lean after having a friend of mine (200lbs) sit in the Drivers side rear passenger seat. I could feel the lean while I was sitting at a stop light. I was just thinking to my self... I gotta get this leveled out in the rear!

I'm gonna call Toytec also because since the rear OME/ dakars are side specific then why is the rear drivers side only leaning? The front end is dead on level, even when the rear is leaning by .5". It was prob closer to .75" when my friend was sitting in the back seat behind me.

When I was doing research about my lift (2-3 months worth) I only ever saw people say there is a drivers side lean to the front, because of the motor mainly. Now that I have my lift and noticed this rear drivers side lean, I was like why? All I've ever heard of Is the front drivers side lean. I didn't know it could be the rear ASWELL. Hopefully we will get this figured out.

Any quick fix recomendations to this problem? Longer shackle on drivers side? Shims?
Old 06-10-2013, 08:29 PM   #9
uncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the shed

My lean is the same, front and back. ToyTec told me today that it is ok to crank my drivers side up more. The main thing is to not go over 23" in the front.

One thing that I also did for added perspective, was to measure from the floor to the frame. Of course making sure all the tire pressures were the same. Doing this verified my fender measurements.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:39 PM   #11

I got all four corners reasonably balanced. My right rear Is high and causes left front and rear to perch over. I just kept playing with the coil overs and got it the best I could. Front drivers side is 1/8" low and rear drivers is 3/8" low. 3/4 tank of fuel. Looking at the truck, you can barely see the lean. I'm callin' it good.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #12
SpaceBalls is on a distinguished road
SpaceBalls's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2008 Taco extended cab. I installed all pro A arms and king coil with res shocks, also all pro 3" leaf pack. My driver side is 1/2" lower!! I got the lean
I tried adding more preload to the drive shock and that didnt work! I might try adding more. But then the driver side would be super tight and the pass soft!