Notices

tsb leaf pack

Old 06-07-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
Willcory is on a distinguished road
Name: Will
Willcory's Tacoma Gallery
tsb leaf pack

2013 dbl cab 4x4

The truck came with a 4 leaf pack and I had the tsb done they installed what seems to be softer/flatter 3 leak pack should i be concerned about saggin and riding my bump stops cause i pull a boat and dont want problems
Old 06-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #2
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Why would you get the TSB done on a truck with 4 leafs ?
Old 06-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Why would you get the TSB done on a truck with 4 leafs ?
its part of the vibration fix
Old 06-07-2013, 07:14 PM   #4
Nickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Diego
Nickel's Tacoma Gallery
? I thought the tsb was to replace the three leaf pack with the four leaf for better load handling. My 2013 only has the three leaf pack, and I've asked for the tsb four leaf at the dealer twice, and both times they told me that there was no tsb yet for the 2013 model.

I don't know why they would have switched to the three leaf, did you ask them or did they offer? I'd go back and ask for my four leaf pack to be reinstalled if I planned to carry anything over a couple hundred pounds in the back. Just my two cents, I'm not telling you what to do.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:31 PM   #5
Nickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Diego
Nickel's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, vibration fix. Did it work?
Old 06-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #6
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
There are two different part number sets for 3 and 4 leaf packs.
If in fact you went from 4 to 3 you downgraded. Double check and take back.
You won't be happy towing now
Old 06-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickel View Post
Oh, vibration fix. Did it work?
I think it took care of some of the shudder in the tranny when coming to a stop but still got vibes when accelerate from a stop
Old 06-07-2013, 09:04 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Mike View Post
There are two different part number sets for 3 and 4 leaf packs.
If in fact you went from 4 to 3 you downgraded. Double check and take back.
You won't be happy towing now
ya i'am! hooked up my boat and noticed its alot softer..

part # on my invoice

48210-35A90
48220-35070
Old 06-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #9
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Well my truck came with the three leaf pack and it seems fine
Old 06-07-2013, 09:07 PM   #10
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
The Toyota springs suck period , doesn't matter if it's 3 or 4
Old 06-07-2013, 09:09 PM   #11
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
It is sad the Toyota springs sag and break so easily considering my dad has a Chevy 3500 and the leaf springs are still good
Old 06-08-2013, 06:09 AM   #12
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
The Toyota springs suck period , doesn't matter if it's 3 or 4
True....
The 4 leaf did fix my towing issue but if I was to do some serious towing I would be swapping out of a different set. MMMMMMM I have the 3 leaf set in the garage. A longer centering pin and I could have a 7 leaf set up. But I think it would only raise my ass end like a set of blocks and not do much more hehehe.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:15 AM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Mike View Post
True....
The 4 leaf did fix my towing issue but if I was to do some serious towing I would be swapping out of a different set. MMMMMMM I have the 3 leaf set in the garage. A longer centering pin and I could have a 7 leaf set up. But I think it would only raise my ass end like a set of blocks and not do much more hehehe.
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05upt...eafsprings.htm
Old 06-08-2013, 06:18 AM   #14

Very nice.... I just saved that link for future ref.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:36 AM   #15
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
I answered you in the other thread too but when I had the driveline vibe TSB done they put new 4-leaf packs in, same as I had stock. Not sure why they put 3-leafs on yours. Didn't help at all though, really. Can't wait to pull them off and put my Dakars on in 2 weeks.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:46 AM   #16
kodiakisland is on a distinguished road
kodiakisland's Tacoma Gallery
So are the 2012 eligible for the TSB 4 leaf springs? Mine came new with 3 springs and sags with just a leer top on it.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:47 AM   #17
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiakisland View Post
So are the 2012 eligible for the TSB 4 leaf springs? Mine came new with 3 springs and sags with just a leer top on it.
Not the leaf TSB. That's only up to 2011. If you complain about drive line vibrations though, part of that TSB is to replace the leafs.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #18
Mad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Marty
Mad Man Marty's Tacoma Gallery
Tsb leafs

If u put anything in the bed or tow anything u will need the 4 leaf pack at minimum. Some people put different springs or a aal as a fix.
I am running the 3 leaf now, & can not put a 4 wheeler in the bed without hitting the bumpstops & riding completely unsafe. You will not be happy towing your boat with the 3 leaf. Take it back asap!
Old 06-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #19
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willcory View Post
I think it took care of some of the shudder in the tranny when coming to a stop but still got vibes when accelerate from a stop
Sounds like they gave you the 3 leaf pak to drop your pinion angle to try and fix driveline vibes.

That's a totally different TSB than the issue back in 07. It was a handling /hauling issue back then....I have the 4 leaf pak. Surprisingly - I had no driveline issues regardless of the springs on my truck.

If the springs are exactly the same (3 & 4) since 05...sounds like you have other issues and they're just swapping springs to try and fix it.

If its under warranty - keep taking it back!!!
Old 06-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #20
kodiakisland is on a distinguished road
kodiakisland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
Not the leaf TSB. That's only up to 2011. If you complain about drive line vibrations though, part of that TSB is to replace the leafs.
Sounds like I need to go the AAL route to be able to haul much stuff in the bed.